or Connect

Posts by petra_william

Ok, so DS has never been an exceptionally good sleeper but while he wakes up a lot in the night to be fed he has recently started to take ages (2 hours!) to go to sleep. admittedly he does then seem to sleep longer inbetwen feeds. (2 hous instead of 45mins!) but i cant undrstand why? ds usually fell asleep on the boob and that within 10 minutes. a few nights this week dp had to take over and ay with him after seeing no results after 2 hours of feeding, shushing etc....
my ds is very outging and usually fine with being held by other people but when he doesnt want to he lets me know and i take him straight back. i usually say oh, hes tired or hes hungry or wants some booby milk to be able to take him back if people seem "reluctant" but i dont like doing it as i always feel im making excuses for him being upset or crying and not accepting him just as a person with feelings iyswim. my ds is is 11 months now and your lo is a lot younger....
hi i havent got a lot of time right now but will just quickly say a few things it might be something in his diet he doesnt agree with. i have a friend whos son was intolerant to wheat and once she cut it out he was a changed boy. milk and dairy products can have the same effect. maybe worht giving it a try for a couple of weeks. try soy, rice or oatmilk, or goats milk and cheese if you can get hold of it. health food stores should sell wheat free bread, or try making...
well, although im not doing any "sleep training" (as ive given up lol) i just though id let you know that there is another mum out there who is waking up looaoaaadsssss in the night lol i co sleep for most of the night, weve tried all sorts to get lo (now 10mths) to sleep wihtout being fed but had no success. now ive just learnt to accept the fact that he will wake up in the night for as long as he needs to and hell (hopefully) sleep better once he has decided himself...
hi ann my first post on here hehe well i think youve thought of everything really. i cant see any other way round than what youve already said, to use the buggy when hes being "naughty". your trying everything else first anyway and if hes really that way out, i really cant see any other way. unless you order your shopping online...? ds is still too young to have that problem with him... no doubt it wont be long though lol ;o)