or Connect

Posts by Dizzie

I realise this a late reply but if you read it or to anyone else searching for tips try a wet towel on her feet. It works wonders. For some children it just snaps them out of it or just clams them down enough to get them back to sleep especially if they're inclined to have a prolonged episode. DS nearly 5 will talk and answer questions too but usually doesn't know where he is and most of what he's saying doesn't make sense. It is best not to ask any questions or try to...
We had chickens and explained to our DD,2 and DS,4 years old that the chicken we eat comes from the same animal as the one in our backyard. DS calls them eating chicken and pet chicken. They were both very accepting and didn't question it at all. They grasped it very well. Chicken = chicken, same word. Fish was simple too.   However, what we didn't explain was that beef comes from cow. We assumed that the kids understood that beef = cow. Apparantly not. DS had an...
Thanks will definetly try to relax a bit more but unfortunately can't do too much about the stresses impacting on our lives at the moment. I'll be floored if l can't even make it to 2 years but all l can do is keep trying l guess. I have been making a conscious effort to eat well and stay hydrated. DS and l even made rolled oat cookies this morning and mama had about 10 Not pregnant and my period returned only 3 months post-partum despite exclusively breastfeeding...
I'm not even sure how to address this but l'm concerned that my milk may be drying up. I'm worried that DD is going to be forced to wean and don't think that either of us are ready for this. DD is 18 months and has always been demand fed. We have been going through a bit of a rough patch with DD teething and illness where she totally lost her appetite and would have nothing but breastmilk which l was fine with. Lately when we are at home DD nurses around 20-30 times,...
Hi mamas, l would like some advice on introducing Islam to my children. They are aged 3 and 1. I have tried talking to DS3 about Allah and explained that Allah is the creator of all but not sure what else to tell him. We live in a non-muslim community and although our faith is strong we ourselves have alot to learn. So there really isn't that oppurtunity of lead by example and let them ask questions iykwim. I have been reading little bits out of the Quran to see if...
I've heard great reviews about amber breastfeeding pendants/necklaces. Would she be interested in holding a peice of material that feels soft to touch or some beads on a string? You could even try some soft squishy balls or something that gives her some sensory input in her hand.
DD (13 mo) loves to climb off my lap, stand in between my legs and then proceed to do the splits - All with nipple in the mouth the whole time. She has also started to pop off and go onto the floor, take a few steps and then get really upset because she wasn't done! She comes tearing back at me. I think it's probably a developmental thing. There's so much going on and so much to explore they can't sit still.
Wow! Being classified 'junk food' group makes it ok to take and toss? If you think it's junk why allow your children to take it in the first place? I don't understand this. Regardless of the nutritional value - energy, water, labour and other resources are put into making this stuff. Taking something you don't need or want because it is there and available or because it is tradition just seems so wrong to me. What is wrong with "No, thank you" or "Thank you, we're...
I think wooden trains or a train set would make a lovely gift and is something that gets played with over and over. My kids are DS 3 and DD 11 mths and they both love to play with little trains over all else. Wooden peg boards, puzzles, pretend play food and shape sorters are also quite popular with my kids and their friends.
DS is 3 and NEVER admits to be being sleepy. Instead, when he is tired he starts pacing, opens his eyes wide and goes on about how he doesn't want to go to bed. Where as my 11 month old DD will get my attention and then put her head on the couch, my lap, the floor to let me know she wants to go to bed. When l ask her "Do you want to go to sleep?" she does the "eh eh, eh eh" thing and puts out her arms to be picked up.