or Connect

Posts by mama_in_PA

I've been tandem nursing DD who is 3 months along with DS who is 18 months. I've done it as long as I can but it hurts, I'm stressed and I can't get any sleep (we co-sleep with both babies) because if I'm not nursing one, I'm nursing the other. I had my heart set on allowing him to self-wean but I just can't do it anymore. My problem is that any time I nurse DD then DS wants to nurse as well. I don't know how to meet his needs in another way during this time. If he doesn't...
This is the first pregnancy I've had where the placenta was anterior so this is new. I don't know if I'd be so attentive to it if I didn't feel so good everywhere else. I can't believe how good I feel "down there". I can do Kegels with no problem and have no pain or discomfort at all. It's always taken at least a few weeks for me to feel this good with my previous births. So now I have nothing to complain about except the abdominal discomfort. I do still feel like my...
The bleeding is normal, kind of watery now and the cramping has subsided a lot. It only hurts when I palpate to find my fundus and the area that hurts is a hard ball about the size of a lemon. I had a clot after my second pregnancy about 10 days PP that had me bleeding a LOT but I'm not experiencing anything like that now, just the sensitivity.
As of today I'm 5 days PP. Although the after pains have significantly subsided, I'm still experiencing sensitivity at the placenta site when I palpate my abdomen (the placenta was anterior but set off to my right side a little). It doesn't hurt unless I press on it. I can't remember if I felt this before and just want to know if this is normal. You'd think after this many kids I'd know, LOL.
Just as Josh and I were beginning to sweat that our beloved babe would wait for the weekend to make his or her appearance we were sadistically giddy when intense contractions began at around 4:00 on Wednesday, June 24th. Josh had just departed on the 50 minute drive home from work. Not realizing that the contractions were real, I called up a friend to just chat and pass the time until Josh was home. About five minutes into the conversation I had a contraction so hard that...
Just as Josh and I were beginning to sweat that our beloved babe would wait for the weekend to make his or her appearance we were sadistically giddy when intense contractions began at around 4:00 on Wednesday, June 24th. Josh had just departed on the 50 minute drive home from work. Not realizing that the contractions were real, I called up a friend to just chat and pass the time until Josh was home. About five minutes into the conversation I had a contraction so hard that...
Wow, thanks, that's a lot of really interesting information. hummingmom: I'm very sorry that you had to go through such a heart-wrenching experience with your last baby but it's wonderful that there was a happy ending. I can only imagine what that must have been like. I'm also due with #4 yesterday and just sitting here paying attention to every little twinge, gurgle, and bump as I'm impatiently waiting for this LO to arrive.
Thanks a lot. That really does help. I was 4-5cm dilated but it was the outer part and the inner part was only a finger-tip. Things seem to have progressed quite a bit further now so while the effacement hasn't changed much, I'm dilated to about 4cm. This is a relief since I was due yesterday.
I've been told there's an "inner" and an "outer" cervix and that a woman can experience dilation of the "outer" cervix while the "inner" cervix is still closed. Which do you go by? If a woman's outer cervix were dilated to 4-5cm but the inner cervix only a finger tip, which measurement would she go by? And how is effacement determined? Is it the thinning of the outer cervix, the inner cervix or both?
I'm measuring right on target. I'm a moderator on another birth board and noticed there were a LOT of women who were being diagnosed with IUGR so I didn't know if this was an over-diagnosis or if there really are that many ppl who have this.