or Connect

Posts by Gumbi

My 15 yr old dd, whom has her drivers permit, decided to take a friends mom's van out for a spin the other night while their parents were out. The three girls drove about a mile down to the beach and then to the store to buy candy. It turns out the girl who's house she was at apparently did the same thing the night before with a different friend! While I am glad that they made the decision to have my daughter do the driving...since she is the one who's been driving for...
Have him bend over when he sits on the potty....it will naturally point that firehose down!! It has worked for us! There is never enjoyment when the pants get wet because the pee leaked out between the seat and toilet!!!
Yeah, the not ever seeing each other except in frustration doesn't help either does it!! I hear you there! Anyway, my comment too, was going to be toss that baby in a sling and your dd in a stroller and get out for a walk....it's amazing what that can do for everyone's mood! But then I saw that you live in Montana ....: it's gonna get warmer soon!! And, if the wind isn't blowing, 40 is warm enough for a walk! This too shall pass....hang in there mama!
I made the best soup...and two of the three kids wolfed it down! We could call it Squash Chicken Soup (I don't use recipes or measure....sorry!) Butternut Squash (or any other orange winter squash) boil and mash Chicken Breasts - boil or sautee and tear into chunks. Sautee all of this in a couple of tablespoons of butter in a big soup pot. Onion Celery Parsnips (my new fav to cook with in place of carrots: not as colorful, but I LOVE the taste!) Fresh...
Yup....I am there too with my almost 3 year old ds!! VERY Frustrating! Our big thing is, he won't even TASTe anything to see if he likes it! And I know he would like a lot of the things that we have...if he would just taste it!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHH It is especially frustrating because he too is a total WRECK if he does not eat...or eat properly! Whats even more maddening is that @ one night a week he will just tuck himself up to the table and CHOW whatever we are...
Yup....I am there too with my almost 3 year old ds!! VERY Frustrating! Our big thing is, he won't even TASTe anything to see if he likes it! And I know he would like a lot of the things that we have...if he would just taste it!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHH It is especially frustrating because he too is a total WRECK if he does not eat...or eat properly! Whats even more maddening is that @ one night a week he will just tuck himself up to the table and CHOW whatever we are...
We have done many train trips with our kids at all ages and it is great!! The last on was me and 3 kids ....alone for two days from Michigan to Oregon!! (ages 9, 6, and 18mo) : We made lots of friends who were very helpful and it was a great trip! One thing that we do is buy a few small, cheap weird presents for each kid and wrap them up...a deck of new cards, something magnetic, coloring book, window clings are great fun too, or "stained glass coloring books" and...
We love our Discovery Toy sets. We got two of them on one birthday about 5 years ago. One new from my cousin and one old from a dear friend from when her boys were young. AND I scored one a couple of months ago at Goodwill!! I love that place! They are all still in great shape and it looks like they have more interesting parts than the one you posted. I was looking at one called suspension marbles from highlights for my older kids for Christmas....maybe too...
(2 1/2) We cut the diapers off when we ran out the other day. We have been going on the potty for months now, but just hadn't made the switch yet...we were waiting for his sisters to go back to school and the hubbub of summer to die down!! He wasn't real happy about it at first, but it only took a day or so for him to be happy with the underwear. It also helps that it has been nice outside the last couple of days!! Naked outside works well here! We have been in undies...
Our Ikea sets do not work well with out Maxim set or Thomas stuff that we have...GO WITH MAXIM!! They will click together, but as someone said, ya gotta jam them...and the battery operated engines (we have Lady) do not go on the tracks...they are just a smidge too wide in the middle. Great Christmas present choice...we have a lot of miles on our tracks!!