or Connect

Posts by waiting2bemommy

There is the UME school. From what I understand it seeks to incorporate the best of home schooling and traditional education. It stands for University Model of Education. I don't know if I can post the link here but a quick google search will bring it up. It looked awesome and I wanted to enroll my ds, but I think we are going to stick with 100% homeschooling right now.
I had Dinah for the birth of my third baby this past December and she was amazing. Went way, way above and beyond what I'd expect of even the best midwife. She was kind and patient with my boisterous older two, and she ordered pizza for me after the birth! Among many other things. I birthed on the floor and moved around quite a bit towards the end and she and her assistant were awesome about keeping up with me and letting me get in whatever position I wanted. I would...
I've been looking for my 4 yr old and almost 2 yr old. Problem is I have a 3 month old baby as well. Would it be unsafe for her to be around them, if they caught it? If not, then I would definitely be interested if it's not too late. We are in N Dallas not too far from Irving, and we also go to Addison 2x a week for ds' therapies.
I'm hoping this has happened before.....I'm too busy right now to search the forum and look for old threads but maybe someone has a suggestion for me. Dd is 19 months old, was nursing 24/7 until my milk dried up a few months ago due to pregnancy, then continued to nurse sporadically, like maybe a few times a week, until about a month ago, maybe more like 6 or 7 weeks. Now that the new baby is here, she wants to nurse, has asked for it, climbed in my lap and pulled up my...
10 months is definitely plenty old enough to go to the park. At 10 months my kids liked the baby swings, or sitting in our laps on the big swing. The slides are fair game too. If he is crawling well he will probably be tickled pink to go up and down the stairs with one of you behind him. It's not date night material but it gets you out of the house for sure.   What about joining the YMCA? I know many parents who drop their kids off at Childwatch (free childcare with...
Thanks for the input!!! I am making the cloth wipes from other scrap fabric and old receiving blankets I find at the thrift store, so maybe if I buy 12 receiving bankets for that purpose (I usually get 4 wipes out of each one) and then buy a few more blankets than I had originally planned. It seems like we have sooo many blankets already.....not baby blankets per se, though, so I probably still need to get more.
I haven't contributed to this thread this entire pregnancy, so I'm going to make up for it now with my laundry list of complaints.   I CANNOT BREATHE. I don't know if they are asthma attacks (which I haven't had one in years) or panic attacks but I literally feel like I'm gasping for air a great deal of the time. I'm prone to panic attacks, but how can the entire day be one long panic attack?   I don't have a car and I have to walk/ride public transit everywhere...
A shirt $5-10 Pants $5-15, maybe 20 if they are high quality Shoes $10-15, however, I admit to having owned a pair of Jordans that SO bought me for like $100 and they are VERY comfortable. So I can understand spending more on good shoes. A haircut ummmmmm, been so long I'm not sure what's the going rate for a female to get her hair done, probably in the $60 range but that can really, really vary depending on what you're getting done. A kid/guy haircut runs about $10...
My kids are really into pretend play and dd has a toy kitchen that they both love (although they don't have any accessories, we use cut out and colored shapes from cereal boxes). So I've been watching the thrift stores for some fun fabric prints that I can use to turn into aprons for the two kids. I'm thinking construction or robots for ds (how cool would it be to have a robot apron?) and something sparkly for dd (very much my diva, into glitz and glam).    
Our answers: are they required to sit at the table every meal? Yes. There is no eating anywhere else except for sports bottles of water near the bed at night, or popcorn on the couch for a movie or something.  for how long? Well, as long as it takes to eat! If we want to sit and have a drink or something they don't have to sit through that, but there is no sitting down for 5 minutes and then jumping up, leaving a full plate.  are they allowed to get up before they're...