or Connect

Posts by Lila

Wow yeah you sound like you speak from experience.   To be fair to him, before I moved in he did have the run of the place. I moved in to his territory in a way. I hope that when we move house in the Fall it will help to establish new boundaries. Until then I will try your advice.
Anxiety does run in his family, so it wouldn't surprise me. We need to find an age appropriate way of dealing with this, though. He needs to learn to respect other people's space. As for letting him snoop.. we have MUCH worse things for him to find than racy lingerie (mkay we're a bit kinky..,) which is why we feel the need for the luggage lock. We decided not to lock up our vintage girly mags just to give him something to find.  
That is a good thought. He does seem a lot less mature in many respects than my own 12 year old. He is more on par with my 8 year old! There are a lot of things he has been indulged in. He lacks table manners, he doesn't knock before entering, he does not seem to know a lot of common things that children learn in a family. His parents divorced when he was about 8, and It is my opinion that they have both been very indulgent with him ever since. DP and I have been...
Yes, the whole step family creates a strange situation and I can see how it would seem that he needs more attention. Fact is, he gets constant attention. When he is about, his father sets me on the back burner and focuses full-force on his son. That was difficult for me to deal with at first, but I understand and support this. That said, a bit of daily private time is necessary for us as couple, to discuss adult things or even just reconnect. There is no more attention...
My partner has a 12 year-old son who is an only child. He seems to think that he should know everything that happens in the household. I know he goes through our things (We have started keeping "adult" items in a locked suitcase) and when my partner and I want to be alone in our room even just to talk he is right there at the door wanting to be in on every detail.   I have four children of my own and he can't stand it when I have a private conversation with one of...
I am very concerned. I need some help. I am a divorced mother of 4.  I am not financially capable of taking care of my kids at this point in my life (going to school full time and working part time) so they live primarily with their father and step-mother.  By and large, I think they are great to the kids.  However, my 11 year old daughter told me yesterday that they have implemented a new disciplinary routine.  Most of it sounded ok to me (rewards and such) But one...
I am a recently divorced mother of 4 who had 3 of mine at home with a CPM. I now have to go back to school to have a future for myself and my children (who have a wonderful, supportive father too, so they want for nothing. Don't worry. Hehe) Anyway, I am working toward getting into nursing school with the aim of completing the nurse-midwife post-grad program at Baylor in Dallas eventually. I know that a lot of nursing philosophies will not line up with my...
Oops. I meant to post this in "Birthing Professionals" It's been a while since i've been in here. Sorry. Delete if possible, mods!
I am a recently divorced mother of 4 who had 3 of mine at home with a CPM. I now have to go back to school to have a future for myself and my children (who have a wonderful, supportive father too, so they want for nothing. Don't worry. Hehe) Anyway, I am working toward getting into nursing school with the aim of completing the nurse-midwife post-grad program at Baylor in Dallas eventually. I know that a lot of nursing philosophies will not line up with my beliefs about...
My third daughter, age 5, is doing wonderfully in kindergarten. Her teacher has not reported any problems, but I have observed something in her since toddlerhood that I have not been able to figure out. Most simply put... She has a tendency not to hear me or anyone. Today I was watching her play with her siblings and a man walked by with a dog. Interested in the dog, she fell into step behind the man. I called to her. Then I shouted her name. Then screamed her name. Her...