or Connect

Posts by nutbee

Hello! I've got a preschooler, a toddler, two cats, a man, and a newly purchased 30 foot motorhome. We've sold our house and plan to launch in about a week. First a month or so travelling to visit various family and then the long way through southern BC to winter on Vancouver Island. Just wanted to say hello and ask what sorts of bookish/internet resources anyone has found useful (though I'll mention I've done lots of looking at FOTR - great site, I'm really loving...
thanks all for your responses! We are just getting into FOTR... so much good stuff
Hi all! I've got an almost five year old dd and a 15 month old ds. We are officially calling ourselves unschoolers now (my daughter finished up her montessori preschool in june) and we're all very excited and feeling our way through. Here's my big catch: we are about 1 week away from officially living in a 30 foot RV. We'll be living on the road for at least 2 months - maybe longer if we find it good. Anyone else here doing this? My question: books. And stuff. ...
First up, congrats to all the other new and renewed moms My son Neiko arrived at 3:30am on the 15th (his due date - the only day I thought he wouldn't come!) It was quick and relaxed and weirdly nice. I felt as if the boy and I could of done it alone we were working so well together, but allowed my dh, doc, and anywhere from 2-4 nurses to help out because I didn't want them to feel left out I'll update with tmi later... including a flying mucous plug from my...
hey your home sounds like my home! You'd think people would be deterred from dropping by unexpectedly by your condition and your's home's condition (I'm pretty sure I've scared off unexpected visitors with cat litter before ). I'd agree, it was a good exercise in keeping your cool. At least MIL got the first rule of sudden drop ins - bring a gift! (even if it wasn't from her).
okay, this thread is doing something strange - my comment ended up on top of the page? speaking of craziness. Sorry. I wish I'd said something wittier.
what?! Sounds like you've been talking to my grandma! Someone needs to write a book of all the crazy advice women with fresh babies are given.
I wish I could tell you what is normal during the first few months as my first babe had a very rough time and we spents hoards of time in the hospital and some at home when I was frightened, unsupported, and having to handle a very sick little baby, while having some post partum issues myself. I always felt that having these medical issues has affected me long term, particularly my feelings of security and ability to handle stressful situations. Probably a mild form of...
Had the weekly appointment this morning with a stand in while my regular doc is away. Everything is very... normal. A few days ago I did a cervix check, and everything is so mushy that it took me awhile to realize I was actually feeling my cervix. I will take that as a good thing. Should be sometime this week for me, if things go like they did last time. I am not very patiently waiting and still ticked off I haven't had a nesting urge (I didn't last time either.) ...
Dearest son, Get out get out get out! Gently, please. Mind the perineum. Love, mama