or Connect

Posts by Einley

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this. I have a two year old male mutt- maybe a basset hound/ vizsla mix. My husband just was given a Min Pin and will be bringing it home in a few hours. Is there anything special I need to do to make the introduction between the dogs go smoothly? Our dog, Cooper, seems to be very mixed when he meets other dogs. Some he is very aggressive towards, and some very friendly. I don't know how to distinguish the ones...
In my view, words are just words. You know sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me (names, words, whatever). Intention means a lot more than words to do me. You can say something sweet as sugar with not one swear or "inappropriate" word and the intentions behind these words could be cruel. That is what matters to me. I hope that makes sense. My kids are taught in school that different words are not okay to use ever. I disagree, but my...
Omg this freaking weather is insane already! I am so so so done! :
Quote: Originally Posted by Rach When I lived in California, we had a "Big Trash Day" every year. Totally OT, but you just sent me down memory lane! We had Big Trash Day when I lived in Indiana and it was such a big deal! So funny, and brought back good memories
My dd is in third grade, public school. This evening she saw a commercial on tv regarding Black History Month and asked me what it was. I asked her, "you mean you haven't talked about it in school?" And she said no. I explained to her what it was and would like to continue my discussion with her. I am shocked that they have not discussed Black History Month in her school. Should I be? Do most schools talk about it or not? I would love some input on this. I think...
I so need a futon frame! We are sleeping on the futon on the floor. I'm kind of done with that. I also say Freecycle or Craigslist.
I vote do it!
I love, love, love this thread! I am also a victim of attempted murder by nightgown so it is so nice to see that I am not the only one! I would love to be able to wear them without having to fight for my life all night. I'm looking to buy one and maybe I'll try that tucking thing that was suggested. Sleeping nude is so not an option here. So not an option. That is all I will say about that
Recently when I was at the airport, there was a woman outside crying. I could not ignore her. I went up to her and asked her if there was anything she needed, anything I could do. She went to hug me and then stopped herself. She seemed genuinely appreciative that I approached her. I think maybe this is a "follow your gut" kind of thing. There was something about this woman that made me feel that I needed to approach her. I'm not sure I would do that every time I saw...
Quote: Originally Posted by RadUnschooler Is seems like a very controlling thing too say: If you don't accept my lifestyle,i deem you unworthy to have kids. Homosexuality is not a lifestyle.