or Connect

Posts by LeslieintheKeys

Vindication!  Someone else liked the name Jezebel too!  So glad to hear it.      
I have a friend whose family of 4 (mom, dad, and 2 kids) are ALL named after mythological characters.  Go for it!
I love the name Calliope for a girl that someone posted earlier.  Delilah and Ruby are favorites of mine too.     Our DD is Sable Rose and her older brother is Colby.  However, what I really wanted to name our daughter was Jezebel.  Our families revolted.  I told them that I thought it was high time that civilization got over their 2,000 year old prejudice of the name Jezebel.  I was vastly outnumbered and succumbed to letting the name go.     One of the boy...
The bumGenius one-size didn't fit ours until a few months.  For our 2nd baby, we used Thirsties, but I really loved how the bumGenius all-in-one XS fit her.  I wish I had had more of those!  I too like the idea of rental for the itty bitty diapers because they're only in them for ~6 weeks (or, at least, my 2 kids were).    
I'd go.  We almost traveled to Bolivia when I was 28 weeks pregnant, but the 14,000 ft elevation scared me off because I am very susceptible to altitude sickness.  I didn't want to risk being sick.
I too was in your position with a baby who hated the car.  She is now 8 months old and it's getting better, but it was horrible.  My mother said it was worse being in the car with me than listening to her cry.  It just affected me so much because I couldn't soothe her.  Very stressful. Here's what I tried: rolling down the windows (helps with the pressure on their little ears) music clip-on music mobile clip-on stroller fan (she really liked this...
some meals to stick in the refrigerator and freezer a good baby carrier  Hyland's homeopathic starter kit for kids Itzbeen - a nightlight, clock, timer, and alarm all in one a clock that projects up on the ceiling easy to use swaddle blankets
I used the Baby Bjorn when they were infants - it allows you to have the child facing outwards - which is good when they get head control and are interested in what is going on around them.  I don't use the Baby Bjorn after ~5 months because they got too heavy and put too much strain on my back.     I also have a sling that is adjustable in length with zippers and padded on one side.  I use this when they're infants with the padded side up to give them extra head...
First, I feel your pain, mama!  You have my sympathy.   When my son was born 3 1/2 yrs ago, I went through 9 week (NINE WEEKS!) of pain.  It hurt more than labor and delivery.  He threw up blood (from my cracked and bleeding nipples) which freaked me out as a first-time mom.  I tried everything I could think of too - lactation consultants, breast shields, different creams, pumping, etc.  In the end, it just took time for him (and his little mouth) to get bigger.  I...
 ---- if your almost 4-yr old son is aghast when you throw his first non-cloth (disposable) diaper in the trash.  "Mama, why did you throw that in the trash?!"  I didn't understand his question at first, but after I realized why he was asking, I felt even more guilty about buying our first disposable pack of overnight diapers. ---- if you make Easter egg dye out of native plant/tree berries through much trial and error (heavy on the error side) ---- if you pop...