or Connect

Posts by LeslieintheKeys

I just read the Hypnobirthing book about 3 weeks before my 'due date'. Nothing like last minute! It worked wonders for my labor. I listened to a couple of CDs that came with the book, but only a few times. It really helped me manage the 'pain'. Next time around, I'll definitely take the class. I highly recommend it.
My hair started falling out when DS was 4 months. Two months later and it's still going strong. It's annoying to see all of the hair on our floors, on the baby, in the shower - EVERYWHERE!: Last week the bathtub wouldn't drain and I had to dig out an incredibly gross mass of hair. When can I expect the hair loss to slow down? What's your experience?
I tried posting about a week ago and now can't find my thread, so here it goes again: We are thinking of traveling to Bolivia this June when DS will be 9 months old. He has had no vaccines. For travel on planes or Customs in Bolivia, will we have to show any proof of vaccination for him? Would anyone suggest getting a specific vaccination? I looked at the World Health Organization's website for Bolivia and just a few cases of pertussis and tetanus are listed for...
I read Hypnobirthing pretty late in my pregnancy. I listened to the CDs a few times, but not many. I also wrote down some of the 'affirmations' and took them with us to the birth center. At the birth center, our friend and my husband read my favorite ones to me over and over. I said them too out loud and to myself. I liked the alternative language that hypnobirthing provided us. That said, it took a phone call from a friend while I was in labor at home to remind me...
We use BG 3.0 with insert and doubler and haven't had a leak yet. Our back-up nighttime diaper is a FuzziBunz with 3 inserts, 2 of which are rather thin. Others used are KissALuv fitted diaper with Imse Vimse diaper cover, but they tend to leak.
Quote: Originally Posted by lisarussell I always throw a blanket over the baby, so it looks like she's nursing so they don't bother me about taking her out. I like the blanket plan! I thought the Baby B'Air was approved??? Check this out: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...tegoryId=86218 "FAA-approved for the cruise portion of your flight, where turbulence most often occurs. (Not approved for taxi, takeoff, and landing.)" I flew...
[QUOTE=Mama Poot;10202252]It wasn't anything like what I expected LLL to be, everyone ended up being pretty "mainstream". That and I was young and not rich like most of the women there were, so I pretty much felt unwelcome by the end of it all. I guess each one is different. The LLL mtg group where I'm at is definitely not a rich snobby thing. It may be 'crunchy' in terms of alternative medicines, but not economically exclusive by any means. Sorry to hear that you...
The local LLL mtg is about a 30 minute drive for us, so I didn't attempt it until DS was nearly 3 months old. But I'm glad I did. I like hearing other women's perspectives as well as bouncing my issues off on them. I had intense pain for 8 weeks from nursing and tried every 'cure'. At the LLL mtg, I felt surrounded by encouragement and empathy. This is completely dissimilar to a friend here who thinks she and her DD have thrush, and her ob/gyn and pediatrician won't...
I didn't start pumping until DS was 7 1/2 weeks. He had trouble "latching on" and so I didn't want to introduce anything to confuse him. We used Dr. Brown's bottles at first, but after more reading, I switched to Born Free. He had no trouble with either of the bottles. I work one day per week in the office while DH watches our son. My co-workers in my department are very supportive, but my boss has no kids and I think is a bit freaked out about infants and breast...
I didn't do much reading on the Bradley Method, but I did read Birthing From Within. I thought it was great - so different from many of the other books out there. What I wanted for my baby shower was an activity where my friends would each paint a "birth picture" for me so that I could take them with us to the birth center for our son's birth. The baby shower activity didn't happen, but I did take some artwork with us to the birth center. I found a small watercolor...