or Connect

Posts by momto11

Quote: Originally Posted by JennInSeattle I'll have to make Nathan a PUL pocket with the JoAnn's stuff I have just to make sure I'm not sending out repelling fleece. Not all of their micro repels, but I do have some that does, no absorbtion at all. I had a diaper returned because of this very thing. I almost feel like taking a little bottle of water to Joanns and test it, before I buy, LOL
Tonitex micro is great. I have been using it and MM for a few years, and haven't had issues with either one. Tonitex is cheaper in cost, they have lots of pastel baby type colors, and they are used to working with the diapering community. I did buy mostly Malden Mills when they still had a warehouse in Seattle, but now that they are gone, and I would have to pay shipping from the East Coast, so now I stick with tonitex, unless I am lucky to find the right colors...
Well, I can only say what I've experienced with my kiddos. My first 3 were cloth diapered way back in the late 70's, early 80's and they all had potty learned right around their 2nd birthdays. My 4th, rashed up so bad from cloth, that we switched to sposies, and he didn't learn until he was almost 4yrs old. Now he did know "how" to use the potty, but chose not to. Kids #5 thru 10, all potty learned around 3yrs old, all in disposables. Then with my last, Sammie,...
Congratulations Terri and family! Welcome to the world little Indigo. She is absolutely gorgeous, and you are looking great too! Love the tye dyes Thanks for sharing the pictures on the baby-birth-day! Happy Babymoon! Now go rest, LOL!!!
Hmmm, malden mills does sell windpro buy the yard at their stores, I don't really know about online. It's still runs 14.99 for odd colors, up to 20.99 per yard at their store, so it's still is expensive. If you buy by the roll, you do save, as it's cheaper per yard then. I agree, that as a wahm, I don't shop the diaper supply stores, I have to get the best price on fabrics, so usually shop thru co ops, etc. I think if your prices are comparible to the other supply...
Hi, I'm Dina, and just recently found the mothering forums when it was posted on another group that I belong too. So, jumping right in, I have been a diaper making wahm for a little over 2-1/2 years. Before this I had a craft business (not online) where I cut out and painted decorative woodcrafts. I came into the diaper making biz when I had my 11th baby. We were trying to cut down on expenses during a layoff for my dh, and so I decided to cloth diaper. I was...
and *so* offtopic..but momto11 do u really have 11 kids?? that's soo awesome! Yup, I have 11 kids They range in age from 26 yrs to 3yrs. I have a sole proprietorship. I have had it for a few years, when I was doing local craft shows and needed a biz license. It's also great, too, because then you can order supplies wholesale.
Well for covers, I would bind with foldover, or fleece. Some babies can't handle the PUL next to their skin. My son had a problem with this, so we bound covers with foldover elastic. As far as AIO's, you can serge, or turn and topstitch, but they may wick or leak at the crotch and legs. It kinda seems to be a hit or miss thing. I have had good luck using a poly or PUL outer and turning and topstitching, without wicking problems. As far as pattern size, if you have...
You might check locally if you have a sewing/vacuum store around. I know that my local one carries snapsource snaps.
Very cute! Applique can be very addictive!