or Connect

Posts by MotheringMum

Thanks for that, I haven't heard of Reggio Emilia schools (sounds Italian). I'll see if there's anything around here...
I am so excited to have found out this sort of thing exists. I'd love for my kids to attend one of these daycares! If you know of anything in my area, I'd be so grateful! Thanks!:
Quote: Originally Posted by emelsea I was at Ikea this morning, and I found this. It's going to be a Christmas present, so I haven't opened the box, but the one they had on display looked nice. You can rearrange the pieces into lots of different vehicle shapes. It's all big, threaded pegs and nuts and wheels. And, it was made in Thailand. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what is the significance of its being made in Thailand?
Quote: Originally Posted by MeredithMommy I would definately have a serious talk with your doc about it. make sure doc knows that dh has asthma. If they brush you off, find someone elso who will listen. I went through 3 months if little dd coughing all the time from asthma, and the doc kept telling me she was fine and sending us home. I got tired of it and got a new ped. New ped gave us a nebulizer and 2 prescriptions for meds and it has made a world...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie [snip]He has never seemed to have a problem with it, and it is so helpful for naps anywhere we go. It is his traveling bed. He tends to curl up on it and "pet" it in his sleep. That is so sweet! I am going to try one with my kiddos just because of this last line. I know they love to play with our fake fur cushions in the living room, so this should be wonderful for them.
Thanks for the push - I tend to postpone taking the kiddos to the doctor until it really seems serious, but I think this warrants a check-up, particularly if, as you say, early control mitigates symptoms down the line. I did notice he would wheeze sometimes, but I wasn't sure if he was doing it on purpose or what. My Mum actually did make me mention this at his last check-up and the doctor didn't find anything at all wrong with his lungs, they sounded clear.
Thanks, you've given me enough information that I could go to Google for a further search. From the sound of it, things are still about the same, you can't really test a child under 8 years old. If anyone else is interested, this article seems to summarise it well: http://www.drpaul.com/library/17SEP1999.html I think this part of the article is significant for the parents of a child suspected of asthma: "I always recommend keeping a daily asthma diary, which...
In the past week my 8-month old has occasionally coughed quite hard after crying, and sometimes on waking. If it were a constant cough I'd think it was a virus, but he has no other symptoms and this occurs only at the times I mention. I was wondering if it could be asthma, possibly caused by new food. My mother, who looked after him and prepared his food until just three days ago when she went back to Europe, recently introduced whole hard-boiled eggs into his...
My 22-month old daughter Lola loves Charlie & Lola, a Brit cartoon which we Tivo. I don't know how much of it she can follow, but I love the graphics and it's so sweetly done, with real children's voices. I also play the Teletubbies for her sometimes, although it bores her by now. She is still crazy about Spot, which her Dutch grandpa brought her on DVD for her first birthday. Another DVD she loves is Miffy and Friends, also from Europe.