or Connect

Posts by sugarplum818

Has anyone out there dealt with this issue at all? My 5-year-old daughter, Hannah, is so "high spirited"...she literally bounces off of the furniture and walls daily. It is so hard to contain her energy or even find an appropriate outlet. I realize that most 5-year-olds have an exhorbitant amount of energy, but hers is different. By the end of the day, I am mentally exhausted from her. My tantrum-throwing 20-month-old is a piece of cake compared to Hannah. Hannah is...
Hi, Mommies... I feel the need to touch on this subject, because my 5 1/2 year old has started making comments lately about her appearance. I feel like 5 1/2 is WAY too early to be concerned about appearances or body image...so I wanted to get some advice from you other mommies out there. My daughter, Hannah, has been blessed with being very pretty. Everyone comments on her beauty (I am wondering if this is fueling her obsession with her looks). We are...
Hi, everyone... I have decided not to vaccinate my DD2 (DD1 is almost fully vaccinated) and I am about 95% comfortable with my decision. The only fear that I have is of traveling outside of the country. My husband and I would love to travel to Tanzania (Africa) in the near future to do some mission work, but I am afraid that DD2 won't be safe. I know that I can have her titers checked, but what if she hasn't built up any immunities? Also, I know that if you...
Hi, all! I have an 18 month old who is still not sleeping through the night. I am wondering...when should I expect her to sleep through the night? About what age? She is still nursing (and teething), so she's waking up about twice a night, which is just KILLING me!! I am looking forward to that blessed day when I wake up refreshed! Ahhhh! My oldest daughter was sleeping through the night (8pm-8am) at 16 months, because I stopped nursing her for her 5:30am...
How often should I get Hannah's hair trimmed? I've been terrible with this...only getting it cut about twice a year. Any suggestions?!
Thanks, Kami. Burt's Bees is organic, right? Did your daughter's hair get oily or sticky from leaving it in?
No, I've never tried Redken products on Hannah's hair. Do you get them at a salon? I've tried leave-in conditioners (Paul Mitchell, I think) in her hair before and they seemed to really weigh her hair down and make it kind of oily...is the "Anti-Snap" product better? Yeah, the kid's detanglers were a joke for Hannah's hair. Thanks for the suggestions! Keep 'em comin'...
Hi, everyone... My 5 year old has the most gorgeous, long, thick hair. She loves it so much (she loves to pretend she's a princess with it), but it is SO hard to take care of! She is very, very good about letting me brush it and braid it (she's never given me any problems), but it gets tangled so easily, which makes brushing incredibly difficult. It is such an unpleasant thing every time I have to brush it...she always ends up crying because it hurts so bad. I...
Just a suggestion...I've always facilitated sleep for my girls (for naps). For example, I wouldn't put them in their bed and say, "OK, night-night". They would never fall asleep if I did that...because it's the middle of the day and they'd rather be playing. I would always have a routine. We'd go upstairs, go potty, read a book or two, then we'd sing soft songs while I rocked them, and then I'd lay them in bed (if they didn't fall asleep while rocking), give them a...
Hi, everyone... I'm looking for some moms out there that may be going through the same situation that I am going through. I desperately need some support regarding my 5 year old high-needs child. There isn't much information or help online (except for Dr. Sears, but he doesn't really talk much about parenting the high-needs preschooler). Are there any others out there going through a mentally exhausting time like me?!?! Debi