or Connect

Posts by bright_eyes

We got an idea from a friend who did it and it went over well.  It went over well here as well. We said, "No gifts, but if you would like to bring something, please bring a toonie for the birthday boy".  My son got a bunch of toonies he could use to buy something he wanted and no one seemed to mind bringing one. 
This is what I am stressing out over as well!  I recently read this blog post: http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2012/09/14/why-i-took-all-my-kids-toys-away-why-they-wont-get-them-back/   It has really inspired me to want to put away a ton of toys as I realize how toy obsessed my kids are.  I'm still not sure what to do about Christmas though because it would be drastic to change everything so soon before the holiday.
How do you handle things when your kids really want toys that you just don't want in your home?  We have absolutely no one in our town (that we know of) that does waldorf so my kids are constantly exposed to toys we don't have that they thing are super fun whenever we go to people's homes.  Some of the things they are wanting are bioncles, a huge playmobile set, more lego (we have tons already), beyblades, etc.  My boys spend hours playing toys together and I know that any...
I have had milk kefir for years and I love it.  I love that when you put it into milk, 24 hours later, something different results.  It is clearly no longer milk!  It looks and tastes very different.   I have wanted water kefir so badly and I finally got some a couple of months ago.  I just wish it was as simple as milk kefir!  I just got water kefir and am having a hard time with it.  For the life of me, I can never tell if it is working!  One test is that it is...
Yes, now that I think about it, it has probably been happening since the start of winter.  I am not that good at drinking enough water, I should work on that.  His poops often have the grainy, mustard seed things, and my first two stopped having that in their poops when they were much smaller, like a couple of months old.  Maybe he isn't getting enough foremilk when he drinks, perhaps because of me not drinking enough water.  Is that possible?  And than that combined...
Ds is almost 7 months and is exclusively breast fed.  For quite while now (think months) he has been having really thick poops.  We do EC, so I hold him over the toilet to poop and he really has to strain.  The come up like toothpaste being squeezed out of a tube would come out and then they stayed formed in the toilet.  If they were in a diaper, they would squish up, so they are not solid, just very, very thick.  He will have a few poops come out like that, and then...
Ds is almost 7 months and is exclusively breast fed.  For quite while now (think months) he has been having really thick poops.  We do EC, so I hold him over the toilet to poop and he really has to strain.  The come up like toothpaste being squeezed out of a tube would come out and then they stayed formed in the toilet.  If they were in a diaper, they would squish up, so they are not solid, just very, very thick.  He will have a few poops come out like that, and then...
Thanks for all the responses!   Funny how I reach my limit and get so frustrated that I came here and posted and then my kids have been really good the last few days.  Ha ha!    It did help, though, that I brought down the big bin of lego.  We had stuck it up, and ds1 never asked for it so I kept forgetting to bring it down.  So there has been enough lego around that ds1 hasn't cared much about ds2 playing with the lego.  And I've been stricter about making ds1...
Congrats to you to on baby #3!  The last time we talked, you just had two!
And the other issue that I worry about is my baby.  Ds3 is only 3 months old but when he is older, I worry about him getting into lego, choking, etc.   What have your lego rules been when you have a baby?