or Connect

Posts by kayjayjay

We have an Eleanor Irene...DH picked the middle name, but I really like it. Good luck!
I'm also pg with #5 and having some BH already at 19 weeks. I don't remember when I first noticed them before. With my 4th (she's 2.5 now) I had pretty painful PSD, but it hasn't been bothering me much yet. I'm feeling overall better this time than last because I've been walking every evening (I assume that's why, anyway) but I am having varicose veins pop up already behind my knees. They showed up for the first time with #4 and went away after the birth. I don't...
I have these also It seems to happen when I lay down, although I might just be noticing it more then. It's certainly uncomfortable, so you have my sympathy!
My 13yo DD is named Margaret, so I'm partial to that one, but we don't shorten it at all. The others are all lovely too! I have heard Nora used as a short form for Eleanor.
Sign me up for the "I've done nothing" club! Most of my thoughts have been about how to rearrange my older DDs' rooms so that we can (hopefully) move my 5yo out of our room to make room for baby. I'm also making plans to switch her carseat, give hers to the 2yo and give the 2yo's seat to the baby. In short, I have a lot of shifting things around to do, and very little motivation to get started on it yet! I will probably figure out what I need in terms of clothes and...
We are in Wichita, but I'm originally from Liberal so I feel your pain. KSDoulaMama, I have a good friend in Garden City who had a homebirth there...her midwife was formerly from Wichita and is now in Colorado. I don't know how they worked out the logistics but I could ask her.
You just described exactly how I'm feeling. I've been eating a lot of canned beans with tortillas and cheese, for some reason that's just one thing I can tolerate. I've been snacking on fresh fruit and eating yogurt as well. I can't stand meat right now and even eggs are making me gag. I can't even do take-out, almost nothing sounds good to me. I'm hoping this starts to let up soon so I can get back to eating well...I'm sure my family is ready for me to start cooking...
I'm sorry you're in pain! A few years ago I slipped and fell on some ice and I'll never forget how much pain I was in for weeks! I hope nothing's broken and you heal quickly.
We used braided embroidery floss to tie the cord. We also had a fetoscope that I borrowed from a friend that was reassuring to have on hand. (I had forgotten those things! ) I have a good friend who is a midwife and is comfortable being available as back-up if I need it. Last time my birth went so fast we never thought to call her until it was over. If it goes as fast this time, we'll probably do the same, but my plan is to call her to at least let her know when...
I was wondering if I was the only one! We uc'd our last and are planning the same this time. I had the same experience with ordering a birth kit with my third birth (first hb, with a midwife) and using very little of it. Last time I ordered some chux, and some disposable pads, and a few herbs I didn't need. Mostly we just used towels, but I did like having the chux and I'll probably do that again. Oh, and we bought a fish scale last time and I'll probably have to get...