or Connect

Posts by mjdmom

My son is 5.  We just started hsing this year.  Academics part is going great but we are struggling to connect with other children his age that hs.    Most hs families we have met have more than one child and are very busy.  I am an introvert so I find it difficult to set up playdates, etc.  My ds is also very slow to warm up with new people and/or new classes;groups.   Any ideas?
My ds still naps.  The only way to get him to nap is to drive him in the car which we have done is whole life.   The problem now is if he naps it will be later in the day and then won't fall asleep until 9:00/9:30.  He is an early riser -- anywhere between 5-6 am.  So if goes to bed that late and wakes up that early he is not pleasant at all until his nap.   We have been trying to wean him off the nap and get him to be by 7:00/7:30 which works out fine.  However,...
Through a routine blood test, my ds 4 was found to have low IgG.  He has been partially vaccinated in that he has not completed all the shots in the series for each vaccine.   We went to immunologist  who ran more blood tests and tested antibody response to the vaccines he has had. Some of the responses were low.  Dr. wants to vaccinate with Dtap, Prevnar, and Heb to further tests his immune response and straighten immune system.   My ds has been very healthy. ...
Had to chime in. My BIL was given Thorazine (sp) in 1961 to sleep. Unbelievable.
I just was notified a child with a confirmed case of measles was at the facility where my ds (who has not had the MMR vaccine) takes a class. The child, I believe, was a sibling of one of the children taking a class. The facility has three large basketball courts and multiple classes happening at the same. I am not sure if ds was in any contact with infected child. Any thoughts?
My ds has been for the last two months not letting me change his poopie diaper. We have to wait until "he is ready". This can sometimes take up to an hour. In the past week, he does not want his pee diaper changed either. I am not sure how to handle this. I will usually explain why it is good to change a poopie diaper right away. I have tried to tell him we can't do "x" if you don't change your diaper (which I don't like to do because it feels too controlling). ...
Bump Sinced no one has replied, I am getting a little worried that it might not be normal. Ideas?
My DS was always really active but I would say in the last several months has shown almost no interest in going to parks/playgrounds. Prior to the past few months we would go twice a day and spend several hours playing. Just wondering if he is going through a phase. He just wants to stay at home in the house. He is an only child and I end up spending my entire day playing with him. I find it difficult to find things to do with him all day. Anyone notice a...
We were thinking about getting a wooden playset with swings, slide, rock wall etc. for our backyard. Do you find that your children use them on a regular basis? It seems a lot of people have them but I never see kids playing on them! Any experiences?
My ds just turned three. He will nap if we ride in the car so this is what I have been doing for the past 6 months. He will usually nap for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours once I transfer him to bed. In the past three months he has been taking a nap later and later and staying up later and later. Most nights he is asleep by 10:30 - 11:00. Prior to this he was falling asleep between 8:30 -9:00. It is difficult when he stays up so late as I am tired. How do you know when...