or Connect

Posts by soso-lynn

If someone makes an informed decision, they will not feel GUILT. They may disappointed, they may grieve their ideal, they may be angry with the reasons that lead them to it, they may wonder how things would have went if they made a different choice, they may also feel many positive things. Guilt happens only when someone knows they did something wrong and that they could have done differently. The only reason the word guilt is associated with things like epidurals and...
You could not be more wrong. Women are harassed from the minute they enter the hospital to get an epidural. They come in wanting a natural birth but have strangers sticking their hands up their vagina, giving them pitocin if they don't follow the schedule, force them to lie down on a bed with machines hooked up and every so often, someone will come in and tell them that the pain can all go away if they just get the epidural and stop being difficult. Women have to fight...
If they try to tell you that he really did not get the chickenpox vaccine, get him tested to see if he has any immunity.
With all due respect, this whole, "Let's pretend epidurals are not risky so people won't feel guilty" line is the same old line used by formula companies to get people to give up breastfeeding. Who exactly is feeling guilty? Doctors who perform unnecessary interventions should feel guilty. The institutions who perpetuate the fear of childbirth should feel guilty. Women who have epidurals (which are still the vast majority) are either victims of this system, in which case...
That would completely miss the point. I am sure the OP would not mind being awaken if the baby was just extra loud. It is the sound of the cry that is the problem, it is the fact that the child is not being cared for.
I would never let a child be abused or mistreated in my house so I would say something.   The only question is how to go about it without ruining your friendship. Maybe you can go talk to her when the baby is crying tonight. I would probably go in there and offer to help comforting the baby.
I would be furious and would not only talk to the teacher both about her ignorance and her lack of professionalism but I would also use whatever formal complaint process exists in that school.
I used a non-ID release donor but there is so much info in the donor profile that I Googled his identity in less than an hour. Either way, I see what you are saying about the ID-release thing being discordant with your philosophy. If you do chose ID-release, you should read all the info in their profile a bit more carefully and ask yourself if that sounds like someone you would be ok with your child meeting.   As for choosing the donor, I had a few things that were...
Whoa. Hi, Elizabeth. I see that you are new here, perhaps you should take some time to read some more of the previous threads on this forum and notice the general tone of respect people use around here. If you are still processing the trauma of your previous birth, there is a birth trauma forum where you will be welcomed to vent about the care you received. Your general tone in this thread is very abrupt and rude. If it is simply a communication problem, then you can...
Ari is not a name on its own. Ariel nicknamed Ari is great.