or Connect

Posts by Avery'sMama

DD's favorite is the Yummy Yummy CD. We were just playing it tonight and dancing round. She loves it. They creeped me out at first too, but DD liked them so much that I grew to like them. Even MIL is a fan! She turns it on in the morning when she is getting ready for work. We took DD to a show last summer. She was in a trance! I don't think she could believe it was really them! LOL!
I recommeded the Color Wonder markers to MIL for a Christmas gift for DD and she LOVES them. I think it makes her feel grown-up like Mommy and Daddy because we call them her special markers.
I have only had DD's hair trimmed, mainly her bangs. She has never had a problem with it and actually seems to like it. My Nephew is a whole other story. It took the stylist 45 minutes to trim his hair. It got better after my Sister started telling him what they were going to do the morning of the haircut. She got him used to the idea all day and then he was fine with it.
Quote: Originally posted by CherylE Have you been able to do this recently? If so - what airports? I'm just wondering as I've not been allowed to do that since security tightened after 9/11. My BIL and Father have both done this to help my Sister to the gate with 2 kids. They did it at Cincinatti and Salt Lake City. We put our car seats on one of those luggage dollys. It has bungi cords and I just strap the backpacks and carseats right to it. I...
DD is 28 months. I just lay her in bed, give her a "love kiss", give her some books and she reads until she falls asleep. Sometimes she falls asleep with the book still propped up. LOL! She does sometimes get out of bed and play with her toys. I just go back in and have her lay down again. Sometimes it takes her 1/2 an hour or so to fall asleep. We used to lay down with her, sing to her etc, just to get her to go to sleep, but we no longer HAVE to. (We still sing and...
MinnieMouse-We have never watched the videos. DD is getting one in her add on Farm Set for Christmas. I knew some of them had names (like Farmer Jed.) Is there a place I can find out the names etc.? The boy is African American and wearing the same outfit and holding the same toys in both sets. He came with the bus. Oh well, DD likes them.
My DD has the farm, the house, and the zoo. She also has the fire truck and the school bus. For Christmas she is getting the farm add on (her favorite) and one of the mini sets that has a car w/ 2 people and a cat. What I don't like is that they use the same person in different sets. EX: The mini set DD is getting has the same boy that is in the bus. (Maybe they are twins? LOL!) And the Family Van has the same Mom and baby as the house. They could at least change the...
It sounds like maybe her rountine was messed up. THis happened to my DD right before she turned 2. I had a miscarriage and my MIL and parents came to help out for a week. DD regressed for about 2 weeks, but we eventually worked our way back. Now, all of a sudden, she will not tell me when she has to pee. She goes poo fine and will go pee when I take her to the bathroom. She doesn't fight it. It's like she lost interest. Anyone have experience with losing interest?...
DD has flown twice, once she was 1 1/2 and once at 2 years. We have a Britax Roundabout and have taken it on both flights. When she was 1 1/2 she was still nursing. I had her in the seat during take off and landing. I did take her out to nurse her and held her for a while when she slept. At 2 years old she was no longer nursing and we just took lots of new toys and snacks. She loved the sticker books (form the $1 store) and flash cards. We packed her own backpack with...
In Michigan we paid $2500 for a water birth. We now live in Wisconsin and are paying $3000. These both included all of our lab work.