or Connect

Posts by chrstene

Thanks for everyone's opinions.  Any experience putting a Nautilus on an airplane seat...specifically.  It just seems like such  wide seat (compared to the cosco scenario we used to use while traveling).  
Hello.  We are planning a surprise trip to see my inlaws in 2 weeks...and here is our conundrum.  they have spare carseats at their home, BUT since we are flying in for a big family surprise, we can't use them. We will have to lug our two Graco Nautilus' with us - I simply don't want to, and can't afford to, buy new lighter travel seats AGAIN !     We always have flown southwest, but it looks like the first leg of this flight will be American Airlines.  We are...
We used prefolds and covered for both our babies when they were born. Loved them !  I got preemie size and the newborn size.  My babes were small so I knew I'd need the preemie, plus it's nice they aren't so bulky when they are so tiny.  they are so easy to use on the newborns !  I say go for it.  Oh, and for covers I believe I used the Proraps mostly, with some Bummi whisper wraps and an Imse Vimse.     Good luck !    
Well, you asked for advice OR commiseration....and I am only here to commiserate !   My DD is 4 and is the worst sleeper and is terrible at falling asleep. We have gotten ourselves psyched up so many times to "try again" and be diligent with her bedtime routine but she makes it so difficult.  So then we give up basically (because neither of us want to spend 2 hrs trying to get her to sleep)...and let her just fall asleep in our bed as we read, or while we watch the...
Well there isn't really a budget set, since it is a few women chipping in we are hoping to get a nice seat.   It's her first child, so we dont have to worry about 3 across, etc.   As far as whether or not she will ERF, I hope so..unfortunately, most people IRL that I know DONT rearface past the first birthday...
Hello Ladies !    A coworker of ours is having a baby girl.  She has a bucket/infant seat already from a shower...we would like to chip in and get her a GOOD/SAFE convertible seat.     My DC are already in Nautilus', so I am a little out of the loop as to what is the safest and has the most longevity, etc.     Please bring me up to date so that we can get this mother a good safe seat as her little one grows.    Thanks. 
I don't think this sounds like CIO to me.  But I totally understand your situation.  Although our scenario was a little different, a lot of similarities ring true in our family:   My son is now 27 months.  He has always been the better sleeper than my DD.  We always coslept, nursed on demand, etc etc.  BUT at a little before 2 yrs old, it really seemed like he was "capable" of GOING to sleep on his own.  He was already sleeping much of the night through.  We did...
Thank you everyone for your replies....so helpful !!!   and Physmom...I"m not in NY (used to be)...too bad :(
My DS (2) loves playing with all sorts of buckles, straps, etc....and I recently remembered seeing this board at the toy store.  I am wondering if it is worth the $, or do the kids get bored with it very quickly?  How is the quality?     I'm not a huge M&D fan really, but I don't think I've seen any other brand that makes a board like this. ...Unless anyone can chime in (hint hint) !   
We are a Christian family and also do not "do" Santa.  My DD is 4...and this year seems much more aware of all the Santa "stuff" around her.  She keeps telling me " Lori told me Santa comes to her house" or "Grandma told me Santa is going to come to my house" (thanks!)....so like the PP it is getting much more difficult to steer her in the direction we want her to go.  She is around more kids now with her activities, etc......and of course, lots of well-meaning adults...