or Connect

Posts by MissMisha

I'm with you LiamsMommy. I left last October, am an older mom and wonder if I'll ever be able to give Baby Bear a sibling. It makes me sad because I would love to have a little girl, too. I did try to date, but it was a disaster. I wanted a date to prove I was still worthy, womanly or SOMETHING. Ex decided to fool around with every woman in town but me, so let's just say I had some esteem issues, LOL. However when the new guy started the entitlement speeches...
((((scab))))) BTDT, burned the t-shirt, KWIM? His slip ups will get worse, more frequent and you are right to leave. I am only the second divorce in memory in my family. It was very difficult as I was married a looooong time and from a conservative family who loved STBX very much. Unfortunately, STBX has changed radically in the last several years and it became obvious to ME first because I was married to him. Lots of head shaking from the uninformed until they...
I have done both to the same place, my sister's house about a 10 hour drive from my home. Both have their advantages. My son does not mind the car seat and slept for some of the trip, watched for some of the trip and we stopped about every 2 - 3 hours to nurse. It was me who lost patience because I just like to get in the car and GO. Flying was easy too, but I made sure I flew mid-week when the plane would be relatively empty. That way I could be cheap and not pay...
I have one word for you: BANANA. In fact, it was baby's 3rd word after mama and dada. Now whenever I feed him something he doesn't want he chants, "nanananana" which I believe is 14-month-ese for "hand over the bananas, mom, and no one gets hurt". :LOL If I am out of bananas, I do sweet potatoes. These are the world's easiest food: bake a whole bunch when you have the oven on anyway then refrigerate in skin. When baby is hungry and picky, press out of the skin...
Hi Paloma: I too have had the experience of "friends" being less-than-loyal or choosing sides in a divorce. I assume you former friend is female. My knee-jerk reaction, based on my horrible experiences, is that she and your ex are having an affair or at least are friends with "benefits", KWIM? Hugs to you.
Actual conversation held at my house last night: JUST GOOOO TTTTOOOO SLLEEEEPPP. I'M OUT OF SONGS, MY ARMS ARE TIRED AND MY DINNER IS COLD. You know you are in trouble when you try to reason with a 12 month old. Someone, anyone, please reassure me that he will one day sleep for more than an hour - and I won't be F***ing 93 when it happens!!!!!!
Christina: No advice, just {{{{hugs}}}}. My baby thinks Mom is a mattress/pacifier combination, too. *Sigh*
Baby's fallen because I got up!!!! :LOL I sneak out of the bed early in the a.m. to get ready to go to work while baby is still asleep. Baby has fallen off the side of the bed three times, the latest being this morning. He doesn't appear to be as hurt as shocked. We have a futon that is maybe 12 inches off the carpeted floor. I think he wakes up, realizes I'm not there, and starts to come find me. Most times I hear him crying and go back to the bedroom to comfort...
Robert turned one last Thursday. He had banana cake which he ate with no hands - just sort of dived into it with his face. Too funny but soooo Robert. He has a "damn the torpedos" way of doing everything. He says a few words: Mama, Dada, bye or hi (with a wave) and banana. My sister, the speech pathologist, wants him to say "more" so we're working on that one. He comprehends "no" but hasn't started to say it back yet! Tupperware, pantry goods and anything on...
Pema's Father: I just returned from a plane trip with my one year old. I took my own food in those disposable tupperware-thingies. Since I was going to a family member's house at the other end, I could wash it there and re-fill it for the trip home. I did take a supply of expressed milk bottles for take off and landing since I chose to keep ds in his car seat (much safer than laps). I also took a whole, unpeeled banana and some small oat cereal. the flight...