or Connect

Posts by MissMisha

Dear BabySlinger: I, too, am in California. My situation is a little different than yours as I am the one who makes more money rather than the primary breadwinner. My STB-x threatened me with alimony and child support and how my graduate degree would "entitle" him, blah, blah, blah. I was scared sh**tless, to say the least. Like BritishMum, I strongly suggest you see a lawyer. I went in and explained my situation and the lawyer reassured me that I would not be...
Robert is going as a black cat because Target had these adorable kitty hats. If only he wouldn't fight me to keep it on. It's his first Halloween and we are of Celtic descent, so it is very exciting to me. No time to carve a pumpkin (we have a ceramic one, instead) with an eight-month-old, but I will explain to him why the ancient Celts used to do this and why one shouldn't stay out late on Halloween! My Mom gave me a beautiful book of Celtic fairy tales before Robert...
Gabrielle: My heart goes out to you. I hung on in a marriage for six years hoping to revive some feelings, some specialness, SOME THING. God knows I tried. I tried to be thin, funny, vivacious, you name it. I put others first, tried to do super-mom, etc, etc, etc. It didn't happen, in spite of monumental effort. In other words, don't be so hard on yourself for not trying. Maybe your H is like mine - just doesn't have the capacity to be close to others. I just...
Quindi: Please e-mail me at mlebbert@dc.com and I can give you the name of a lawyer in the East Bay that is very good. I, too, am waiting for STB-x to get off of his duff and do *something* with the house. Probably the only difference is the drug of choice - my x's is alcohol. SIGH! Also, have you tried the local bar association at www.sfbar.org or in the east bay at www.acbanet.org. For $25 they will recommend a family lawyer to you. Not a bad price for...
If making the choices that are best for us and our children makes us bad moms, then I want to be a charter member of the club! I already joke with my baby bear boy that my "mom of the year" points are seriously lagging. Why: I traded in the sling on a soft pack carrier. Baby bear has *no butt* and kept sliding out of or sideways in the sling. It doesn't help that he has a baaaad case of the wiggles. If he starts to cry and my hands are busy and/or dirty, I...
Jannan and all other posters: As someone going through a divorce with an adulterer in the ever-so-lovely state of California (and neither of us is running for govenor, BTW ), adultery matters not one whit! We are a no fault state and it does not matter *for the purposes of divorce*. HOWEVER, custody is a different matter. I am currently trying to sway the courts to have supervised visitation because two of my stb-x's mistresses have felony convictions. One of them...
First of all, hugs ((((jannan))))! The insults and anger seem to be common in STB-x's. Mine has totally rewritten our marital history with the same old tired cliches: I never really loved you, I was never really happy, blah, blah, blah. At first, his words cut me to the bone and I hurt through and through. Now, on most days anyway, I look at of his statements as hollow justifications and defensiveness for his actions that have destroyed our marriage. In other...
Hi Girlzmommy: Though a week-and-one half is not very much time, you should consider what you need moving forward with or without your husband. One way I have dealt with my STB-x's stalling, procrastination and hem-and-hawing was to do stuff myself to move the situation along. A lot of things I do via phone or e-mail which may make sense for you too because your girls need your supervision. For example, I just got off the phone with a mortgage broker to see what my...
Ajsmom: I lived to adulthood on unusual breakfast foods. In the days before microwaves, my mom left stuff like soup or spaghetti in the double boiler for us before she left for work. To this day, I really can't stomach eggs for breakfast. To underline momtol&a's point, I was at a hotel catering to Asian travelers. The breakfast bar for Americans was muffins, mystery meat (!) and eggs. The breakfast bar for Asians was miso soup, Japanese-style pickles and noodles....
Tried to go to your link, but got the following 404 message: Improper Call to www.PicoSearch.com You have reached the PicoSearch Search Engine hosting service. You must contact the webmaster for the site that you were trying to search. Their HTML code has not properly accessed any PicoSearch account in our files. Thank you. Any suggestions?