or Connect

Posts by MissMisha

Did anyone else see the movie "Mommie Dearest" or read the book? Shoot, this whole issue can get quite out of hand. Tell your MIL that first names beats a whole lot of other things kids could (and often do!) call their parents!
Dear Sonya_mama: Can't afford a lawyer or don't know where to start? Call the local bar association. They are in the yellow pages and will take your financials into account for service fees, etc. Two things I'd ask the lawyer: can I get STB-x to pay legal fees (or reimburse) and is adultery grounds for divorce in Georgia. I know you didn't mention it, but as someone who has BTDT, it sounds to me like you husband could be stepping out and now wants out, but wants to...
Your story made me teary, BensMom. Those kids in the tree house could have been my sisters and me. My parents really lit into us when we were small. Even as a child, I knew that my parents lost control and were hitting just to hit. Sort of like punching a pillow to let your frustration out, only it is your child. We found that not crying made it much, much worse, especially the older you got. They knew we were trying to manipulate them and their punishment. They...
Leather is the easiest for clean up! Take it from someone who has three large (read: drooly!) dogs. Their claws haven't punctured the leather, either. We even had a friend's bike wedged onto one of the seats and it left grease (easy to clean up) but still didn't puncture the leather. Also, leather is more all-weather friendly. You don't stick to it in the summer and it is not too cold in the winter. As far as durability, we've had the car with leather...
OOPS! You're supposed to boil the parts? DS should be dead by now!!! (black humour) I either use hot soapy water or the dishwasher, depending on whether the dishwasher is ready to run or not. And I have let the milk sit out too. So much for those mother of the year points...
OK. I'm too. My sweetie boo boy hits a major milestone tomorrow: he's going to be baptised. We had formal pictures taken in his christening outfit and he looks like such a *boy* not a baby. All his cousins (my contemporaries) will fight to hold him tomorrow because their babies are all grown. Even strangers I meet on the street tell me how much they miss the baby years. Sure, it's a lot of work to be an attached parent, but it enriches this baby time so much more.
katmainomad: Good luck with your job! You're right, it does sound very family friendly. It would be great if your son could bf while you are at work, but it is not difficult to transition to part EBM, part natural breast feeding (for lack of a better way to say it!). My son is about the same age as yours and I went back to work when he was 5 months old. I started about one month ahead of time giving him a bottle for the feeding which he was hungriest - usually...
adb252001 Your post made me sad as I am going through the same thing. I have tried for a year plus to repair my marriage but I can't do it alone and my STBxhusband isn't making an effort. I am feeling better each day because I am not beholden to someone and their *stuff*. As Carmen Veranda put it so nicely on another thread, "I had a previous husband from whom I received previous crap". I just remember that every time I get weepy or nostalgic for the marriage. ...
Laura-Ku: Baby nurses with me at home in the mornings, usually at 5:30 a.m and 8:00 a.m. and then again in the evenings around 5:30 pm and every two hours or so until bedtime, usually 9:30. He usually wakes up around 3:00 a.m. for a snack, too. So, say he nurses 6 times plus the three bottles PLUS solids. That's alot of work on Mommy's poor chest! Kofduke, your DS eats and drinks about as much as I expected to be feeding my little boy. Hence, the reality check. ...
Go with your gut instincts and don't be a reference. In fact, Sohj gave you the best way out: she has never worked for you so you can't be an employment reference, just a personal one. If I'm hiring someone, I don't want to talk to their personal references, only their work-related ones. IMHO, if she is mad at you for not doing something that makes you uncomfortable, she's not much of a friend.