or Connect

Posts by MissMisha

We found DS day care provider through our pediatrician. Donna is the mom of one his patients (her son is now 13). The doctor would not have given us Donna's name unless he knew she was trustworthy, trained and licensed. Above all that, she geniunely loves children and is very sweet to DS. Her son also is good with babies, also.
Tell your MIL she is all wet. Like others, I went out and got a mini-Cuisinart and it works like a charm for nightly meals. I use the big Cuisinart once a week to make big batches of fruit to freeze. Unlike others, I use the small "disposable" containers for freezing. They hold four ounces perfectly. That is about 2-3 ice cubes and baby eats that at one sitting. BTW, does anyone have any good ideas to keep bananas from turning brown? Don't want to use citrus as...
On weekends, DS nurses about every three hours and eats 1 or 2 solid meals every 24 hours. He is 6.5 months old. During the week, daycare provider goes through 3 - 6 ounce bottles and 2 to 3 ounces of rice cereal and 2 servings of fruit, about 8 ounces total -- in 8 or 9 hours. This drives me crazy! I feel like she is just feeding him to placate him rather than him being hungry. We've talked about it on several occasions, one time when she gave him formula (I told...
My sweet bear boy is now six months old and has been with a sitter since June 10, when I went back to work. The lady he stays with is *wonderful*. I feel very lucky to have found her. Baby has also stayed with his aunt, who adores babies but unfortunately has never been able to concieve. She is AP, but doesn't realize it - she never puts DS down! He has also stayed with his big cousin Paul who just graduated from college while we went to another cousin's baby...
I voted financially ready, but not emotionally. I thought I'd never have kids - I was 41 when I became pregnant. My childhood was not a happy one. My mother was a, um, less than enthusiastic mother. She made no bones about the fact that I was not planned, which I interpreted to mean not wanted. She also has freely admitted that had she been born in my generation she probably never would've married and had kids. My sisters and I have all suffered emotionally from...
Thank you for the great thread! This is going to be long, but you've given me a chance to get this off of my chest, so here goes: My experience is a little (understatement of the year) than most of the other mommies who have posted. I have married to not-so-dear husband for 20 years; we dated for 3 years before. Further, we just had our baby in February. Many have asked why we waited so long to have a baby or was he planned and other equally thoughtless...
Hey Becca29: I can relate to not wanting to return to work! I dreaded it for about a month ahead of time. We had a few bumps - our initial daycare plans fell through, etc. However, I have been back for about six weeks and it has been OK. I did negotiate with the company so I wouldn't have full-time travel, but I can only count on that til October. Then we'll see....my company has had layoffs and I secretly wish they'd lay me off so I'd have an excuse to stay home...
Gezellig_girl and Trixie: I can so relate to the banana madness thing! Baby bear (5.5 months) tried bananas last week for the first time and went wild. He can eat a single mashed banana at one sitting. He'd probably eat more if given the opportunity. Which leads me to my next question: How do you know if baby is eating enough or not? Mahon (Irish for bear, hence baby bear) has never turned his head away while eating solids. In fact, I can't seem to get the...
Snoodess: I, too, didn't want to go back to work but did find a great in-home day care, similar to the one you are considering. I have been back to work for over a month and all is going smoothly. Even hubby is keeping up his end to fetch baby at the end of the day. My provider takes in three infants at a time and promotes breast feeding. I have been pumping like a factory farm cow (!!) and that has been the hardest part - the pressure to keep the bottles...
This thread is a scream. Two stories to relate: Baby sees new pediatrician at Kaiser Permanente. Baby is 5 months old and just starting rice cereal. Doctor argues with Mommy that jarred baby foods are OK and that Mommy is deluding herself if she thinks she can a) work outside home b) breastfeed baby for as long as possible c) make her own baby food. Um, excuse me? I cook for myself and hubby so what would I do for baby? I mean, how hard is it to mash a banana for...