or Connect

Posts by elvenom

My son is 7 and has ADHD. We are not putting him in the self contained class, as the school has suggested. He will enter general ed with support. Im wondering tho, legally, is the school required to give him a 1:1 if we ask? I cant seem to find this answer anywhere! Our meeting is this week. TIA! 
My daughter started diarrhea on 12/26. Lasted for two days. She was irritable w/ no appetite for several days. Then she seemed fine. Well fast forward 5 days later she threw up and had diarrhea again for 2 days. Then my 5 year old woke up throwing up. Took them both to the ER. Stomach flu (gastroenteritis). My son seems fine now, but the baby, who is 20 months, is still throwing up. The diarrhea has stopped and we are doing the BRAT diet but its still happening. We...
Hi I am in Arizona..thx
Hi everyone, My son is starting summer school at the YMCA and I told them he is not vaccinated (because they asked us to bring his records), and they have asked us to provide a n exemption form or something similar stating we do not vaccinate. Is there a standard simple form that is available online that I can just print and sign? When he started school there was a form as part of the packet but I guess the Y doesnt have this and I cant find one..any help would be...
Thanks. Yes my concern is for other bacteria, like Hepatitis or something. I spoke with the boys mom and he is healthy. But what`if it was a child with hepatitis or something. Maybe we should consider THAT vaccine!
Hi everyone, My 4 year old was bitten today at school by another boy. Its a pretty ugly bite. It broke the skin (through his shirt!). He is not vaccinated but now the dr and school are recommending at tetanus shot. What should I do? Of course now the dr wants to give him the combo shot Dtap but I am not ready for that. If we do vaccinate we would prefer the tetanus only. Any opinions would be great. I hate having to think about this.
What a sad story. I need to be blunt here. Your children come first. Not you or your new husband. Any stress you would endure dealing with the case is nothing compared to what he is/will go through in his current living situation. You need to make this right and fight for your son. You say he doesnt have it so bad at his Dads? Are you saying that to justify not fighting for custody? Because it sounds to me like he is absolutely miserable. Maybe he just needs his mother?...
Where do I start? As I write this I am mentally DRAINED. I am in such a terrible mood that I just want to sit here and not move. My son is 4 and his behavior is out of control. He has always been a bit spirited but it all came to a head when our 9 month old daughter was born. I dont know if it is just a coincidence but he seemed to get so much worse once she got here. He cries CONSTANTLY. If he is not full on crying he is whining. He is so rigid and cannot accept it when...
My neighbor left her kids in the car while she ran into a store to grab milk or something. The kids were in plain sight of her. Well, someone ran up and jacked her car--with her child still in the seat in the back (the carjacker didnt see the child). It was horrible! she was running down the street chasing after the car...the guy pulled over took the child out and kept going. THANK GOD. I dont leave my kids in the car for even a second. I just picture someone running up...
Hi there, I dont have any answers for you, just wanted to share that my son does the same thing. He is now 4 and still does it! I worry so much he will get his little feelings hurt and I try to explain to him that some kids do not like to be touched all the time. I explain to him that he needs to respect private space, but he still does it. He just started preschool a few months ago and he always all over the kids. Some kids have actually yelled at him and told him to...