or Connect

Posts by elvenom

Quote: Originally Posted by MarineMommy I think the show did what they intended it to do. Scare you. I just read a post by Peggy O'mara. SHe stated that the cases of measles between 2007 and 2008 were 131. 63 of them were in unvax'd children. 68 were in vax'd children. Even if you vax for measles, you can still get it. Yep, you are right. I know..but it something that is always in the back of my mind. then I think about the side effects...
I saw the episode too and it scared the hell out of me! My son is 4 and not vaccinated for anything. Of all of the vaccines the MMR one was always one of the scariest to me. But, while i think the episode was CRAZY, I am sure that there are some children out there who HAVE died from complications from measles. While it may be a low number, it can happen to anyones child right? Mine, yours? My son is pretty healthy and last year he had the croup, which went away and came...
Thank you! I will definitely see one ASAP. Thanks ladies. :-)
hi thanks for your reply. i am not taking anything for the milk supply. since i have had the baby i have had low back pain on my right side; the same side where most of the numbness occurs. when i sleep at nite it hurts and usually subsides during the day, but its always tender on the lower right side. this is what i get for messing around with conventional medicine! but at the time there was really no option. i had planned for a waterbirth so i never investigated...
Hi everyone, I have two children 4, and a 5 month old. I had natural births with both..but when I went into labor with my DD her heartbeat kept dipping with some contractions and so I had to have her at the hospital (instead of the waterbirth I had planned). The drs were afraid they might have to do a c-section because of her heart rate, and while I did not want to, I let them give me an epidural so that I would be ready to go if the situation became dire. They gave me...
I am right there with you. My 4 yr old son does not hit us, but he doesnt listen very well at all. He listens to my husband even less. Sometimes when I am talking he makes noises on top of me and starts walking away. I have to grab him and make him stand in front of me while I talk. Then hes back at it again minutes later. When I put him on time out he cries the whole time, repeating over and over that hes ready to get up. Or he gets up and keeps saying hes done. So a 4...
I have a similar problem--among others. I am constantly telling my 4 year old not to do this and that. Its all day! Hes hugging the baby too tight, hes jumping on the bed when I am changing her...i give him a warning and he ignores me and I send him out of the room or take away a privilege and hes remorseful and says I M SORRY MOMMY. Then he is back at it again! I am beyond frustrated. It seems all I do all day is discipline and I do not enjoy it and I go to bed exhausted...
Where do I start? My son just turned 4 last week. We also have a 5 mo old DD. My son his very SPIRITED. For the last 6 months hes been having these tantrums where he cant calm himself down. They are usually triggered by his frustration: if hes playing and something he builds falls down he starts crying. We try to get him to calm down and try again and sometimes it works, but most of the time he just keeps crying..to the point we get so frustrated we have to take the item...
Hi everyone, I have been experiencing numbness in my hand and foot on my right side. It started with a tingling in my fingers but today my entire lower arm feels tingly and numb. Also my calf and foot. My dr called a few weeks ago and told me I have low B12 and Ive been taking oral supplements for two weeks now. My B12 was at 653 and they said the norm is anything over 911. ...
Funny, I was just going to post about measles and CLO. I will be supplemeting my toddler and taking some myself for my breastmilk (I have a 3wk old daughter). I read that Carlson's was a really good brand. They have a lemon flavored one (for DS), and capsules (for me). I'm wondering what dosage should be given. We have a measles outbreak in our country and DS is not vaxed, so I'm wondering if I should give him more just to give him a boost of the vitamin A and how much I...