or Connect

Posts by txgal

I don't even know what to say to most of you so I will just say thank you to LCBMAX for not assuming the worst and giving me some advice that I can actually use.  For the record I will not be taking her to the pound, I have a friend that is willing to take her and she will be well taken care of.    
We are selling our house and moving into an apartment, unfortunately it just isn't possible to take our dog with us. My children ages 5 and 7 are very attached to the dog, and I have no idea how to explain this to them. Part of me wonders if it would be easier to say that she died or ran away while they were at school. I hate lying to them but there are lots of changes going on for our family right now, new home, new school, I just wonder if it would be easier for them...
I made frozen comfrey pads to use after our homebirth.  Just made a tea from comfrey leaves and soaked 4x4 gauze pads in the tea and then froze them on a cookie sheet, then put in ziploc bag after they were frozen so they didn't all stick together.  When I would change my maxi pad I would put a 4x4 gauze pad on top.  It was wonderful, and helped me heal quickly.  I think comfrey may be hard to get, so the witch hazel could be done the same way.
Ds (6 yr.) has recently been diagnosed with exercise induced asthma and given a prescription for Xopenex(sp?) to use prior to physical activity.  My question, is there a reason to use it as a preventative vs. just as needed.  He doesn't have problems everytime he exercises, weather and allergens seem to compound the problem.  If the weather is nice and pollen counts are low he may go a month without any issues.  But then when it is cold or pollen counts are high, he may...
I know this is an older thread, did you ever find a pediatrician in Uvalde?  A friend of a friend had a homebirth there a few years ago.  If you are still looking I can try and ask her for recommendation for vax/breastfeeding friendly peds. in the area.
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatherB The only problem with choosing a close hospital is ensuring they actually have doctors on site for an emergency. I think the best prep you can do (because you're really not going to find a true, local "back-up" for your area) is to call the hospital(s) closest to you, talk to the OB nurses about when/if they have doctors ON SITE, find out if they also have anesthesiology on site, and perhaps inquire about their...
I can tell you my experience with Dr. Guilliams and West Houston from 5 years ago. Don't know how much it has changed. I was also a transfer from a midwife (planned birth center birth) and was induced. I was lucky enough to get one of the midwife's as a nurse and she was wonderful, let me eat and drink throughout labor (just asked that it not be anything too gross to clean up when/if I puked. She stayed with me for a good 4 hours past her shift and eventually hand...
Clear Lake here. There's a great AP mom's group down this end of town (Southeast Houston) let me know if you are interested.
Not in your DDC, but thought I would post my own experience with having DS at DDs homebirth. Ds was 25 months when Dd was born, while I was pregnant we watched lot's of videos of birth, started with the natural homebirths on The Baby Story and eventually watched "the full monty" so to speak. We talked about mommy making noises to help the baby come out, how mommy would have to work really hard etc... It was all presented very matter of fact and he was very excited to...
Quote: Originally Posted by BethSLP Also, I dunno if its just me, but my best friend and I (both big Twilight fans) are having a bit of a hard time reconciling Bella's character and her relationships and being mothers to girls. It was dysfunctional enough to read in the book, but watching it was a whole other level. I feel like Bella is a HORRID example to young girls. Being so despondent over a boy. Putting herself in dangerous situations simply to...