or Connect

Posts by Paxetbonum

We are expecting our number three homebirth any day now. I keep contemplating the water birth but enjoy seeing the baby come out so much I keep feeling like I wouldn't "see it" through the water. I don't know why but seeing my two girls emerge imprinted huge on m mind for some reason, and was a huge part of bonding for me. I'm using a midwife who did my first birth as we just relocated back to indiana again. She does lots of births for the Amish and is really cool...
It would depend on the Catholic school. With many of them the doctrine is so bad and wishy-washy that you would probably be better off sending them to the Waldorf school and supplementing with a solid catechesis, Catholic culture, etc at home. I think so much depends on the particular Waldorf and Catholic schools you would be looking into. I have found very little that is incompatable with the Catholic faith and that which is, doesn not seem terribly essential to...
Sorry it's been so long since I have posted. The long and short of my research has led me to find that there are not TOO many ways in which waldorf departs enough from the Catholic faith to make it totally unusable. A good deal of it is in line with the call from God to educate and form the whole child that we are given as parents. I think if anything Catholics should be more sensitve to usuing natural tools, materials and toys, and encourage lots of active...
Hello Waldforf moms. I am a naturalmama blessed with a four year old and a two year old. I am leaning right now toward waldorf/unschooling approach to homeschooling. Yes I have been to the wonderfhomeschool website and loved it and also bought and read "You are your child's first teacher." I loved most of the book very much and am exited about this approach to learning. However I am also a commited Catholic and have some questions about Steiner and Catholicism...
I have been battling a yeast infection naturally for the past two weeks. Now my two year old has a white tounge, hasn' t eaten more than a couple handfuls of food for the past three days and is nursing almost contstantly. She is also getting over a cold and has two teeth comming in. I am most worried about her appettie suddenly dissapearing. I mean she is eating nothing at all hardly. How serious is thrush in a two year old. Should I continue to let nature...
I boycott Wal-mart mostly because of their unjust wages, slave made products and there attempt to kill local merchants. I boycott Johnson and Johnson because of abortion. I boycott all fast foods except for Subway and we only use them when travelling. I boycott made-in-China products and only buy them second hand. There you are!
Thank you so much, treemom. You have been so helpful. I love all the wise women around here!
Hmmm, a heavy bottomed pan. I have a dutch oven, would that work? Also do you need to add pectin or did they thicken enough? I would love to buy that pectin mentioned but these berries need to be picked in the next couple of days or they will be overripe.
Hello. I am a Catholic, countercultaral and proud of it. my faves: Mary JPII St. Francis St. Zita Dorothy Day G.K. Chesterton Hillair Belloc St. Benedict St. Thomas Aquinas St. Isidore Restore all things in Christ!
I've got tons of berries in the woods near my house begging to be made into jam. We usually eat jam sweetened with white grape juice concentrate and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this. I'd love some advice on how to make jam without sugar, or artifical sweeteners. Thanks.