or Connect

Posts by NorthernPixie

Are the straps set on the small size?  Look at the back of the seat where the two shoulder straps connect to the H-shaped metal splitter plate. There are two settings and those seats usually come set on small  -- look in your manual for how to move the webbing to the larger setting.  I believe you can also adjust at the hips, just make sure to follow the directions in the book (it's not hard).
If you'll be doing a lot of walking in the airport, you may want to get a folding/collapsible luggage cart (I imagine they're around $20 at Canadian Tire or Walmart) that you can strap the car seat to, throw the carry on diaper bag/backpack into it (or your child if it works for you) and then wear the baby and wheel the seat and stuff.  I know when I travel it never seems that I have enough hands or clean places to put anything.  I bought a cart and it was the best $20 I...
Your cheapest option is without a doubt going to be the Scenera, but you'll get it cheaper at Walmart than at Costco online.  They're usually around $75 at Walmart and recently was on sale for much less than that.  They're lightweight (which is good when carting it through an airport), and RF to 35lbs.  They do only FF to 40 though, which isn't great.   They often require a pool noodle or towel to install to get a good angle, so tuck a towel in the pocket of your...
My Dad just found out he's allergic/intolerant (not sure which) to Brewer's yeast, and he's not going to give up beer easily.  Is there a beer out there (we're in Canada if it matters) or a home brew type that he can buy/make that does not use this?  Unfortunately he's also allergic/intolerant to baker's yeast.  Beer and bread, two of his favourite things!  Any suggestions most appreciated.
We had an adapter that fit onto our shop vac perfectly and over the large black valve, and then a smaller one that fit into the small valve for topping up. Most vacuum cleaners would also work I think if you can reverse the air flow to blow instead of suck.
If you can't find wool - this one at IKEA is not vinyl and it's $6. I have the double and queens versions of this (or at least I think it's the same stuff) and they've been pretty good for the price. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40143304
We moved from Florida to Ontario when DD1 was a year. She's had the lowest available aluminum DTAP, Hib, polio, and prevnar vaccines spread out over that first year. She hasn't had anything since and she's 2yrs 8 months. I also have a one-month old DD2. DD1 will start pre-school in January and I'm thinking I might get her caught up on some of her shots to better protect the baby, most of the above I think require one more. I'm undecided on MMR. So I could do lots...
My very long newborn did not fit, and still doesn't at 4 weeks -- but probably will soon. You would have to have an extremely long and long-torsoed babe. I think the harness height is around 10".
Where in Canada are you? At my recent Cdn tech course, we were told that while hospitals may TELL you this, they have no legal bearing to actually prevent you from leaving, or keeping you from your baby. Humour them if you want to, but you certainly don't have to. And if you're using a convertible and they want to check it (and you want to let them), they may accompany you down to the car. It makes absolutely no sense to pull a convertible out and then reinstall...
I'm looking for some suggestions for my soon-to-be 3 year old daughter for Christmas and her birthday shortly after in January. She's precocious and prefers 'real' things. She spends a lot of time using her play kitchen at the moment. We own very little with batteries but don't hate battery operated things necessarily. We also don't have a lot of space for big stuff, and she doesn't need anything. But the grandparents (and great-grandparents, and aunts and uncles,...