or Connect

Posts by MomInCalifornia

My kiddo used the planet box every day least year in first grade and we've been very pleased with it. Everything is still in great shape, including the carrying case and mesh drink holder, and I plan on her using it through her years in elementary school. We use an insulated Thermos water bottle (Foogo) and it fits perfectly in the drink holder part. Their lunch boxes are not refrigerated and she says things are cool enough when she eats lunch at 11:45. (school starts...
I'd wait (I teach pre-k in a state with a Dec cut off)
Quote: Originally Posted by hollytheteacher I think she was rude too OP. There are plenty of times when we bring DS special food (organic and healthier than we know the options will be depending on where we go) but i would never do/say anything like that guest did. I just quietly give ds his snacks and that's it. I do have a question though? What do you people have against pork You can get organic pork you know Just had to ask because like 3 ppl...
IMy biggest reason was I knew my son would be much hapier if he was here as opposed to someone else's place. I also agree with lots of what was said above.
I teach a parent cooperative school and something parents have done that means so much to me is write a letter to my director letting them know how much they enjoy having their child in my class or what I'm doing that they like. Most times they've also given me a copy and a few times my director has told me when they've shared a compliment with her. If you're happy with your childs teachers, consider witing a note of appreciation and pass it on to the director and...
My son is 5 and our nanny brings her 8 month old. It's worked really well. He's our youngest and has really fallen in love with her little one.
For anyone who has a supervisor, write a letter letting them know what you appreciate about the teacher and give a copy to the teacher as well. I've had parents do this and it means so much to me. For the home teacher w/o a supervisor, a note will still mean a lot to them.
What a great story to read as I start my day!
I'm a teacher and I use 3 ring binders for the portfolios I make for each of my students. I need 32 each year and try to stock up when they go on sale. Most stores have a max purchase of 3 so it means a lot of driving and running from stor to store. This year the manager at Office Depot was so kind and allowed me to purchase all 32 at the sale rice of 50 cents instead of the normal price of $3.00. He had to ring them up n groups of 3 which was a pain for him but he...
My daughter will be 7 in a few months and has recently started having strong body odor after soccer games, playing at the park, running around etc. It's pretty strong and quite noticeable (and smelly). She'll be 7 in January and is 51 inches tall and 59 pounds. Very althletic, strong and active. I don't remember when I started wearing deoderant, but I got my period when I was 10 and in 5th grade. How old were your kids when they started having body odor and...