or Connect

Posts by WCM

How long have you been taking the Candex? How long are you supposed to use it?   I'm doing acidophilus in my smoothies, BIO-K liquid form. I can get it to abate if I eat a moderate balance of sugar, but as the years go by my memory and fatigue are getting worse, so chronic/systemic candida fits in my mind, but again, I've not heard of anything/plan/diet that actually WORKS in the long-term. I want to feel great again! The friend I mentioned is on the Body Ecology...
Without getting too wordy, here is the most relevant history: I had lots of yeast infections as a teen. I ate loads of junk, yo-yo'd on and off sugar in extremes. I 'cured' myself through treatment, cotton pants, better health, balanced sugar, etc.   Fast-forward 20 years. I haven't had them in years. 3 years ago I started messing with my diet, suspecting celiac and having insomnia/depression issues. The yeast infections returned, because of the extreme changes I...
I'm reviving this thread (as opposed to starting another) because my issue is an extension of this.   I'm tired and rushed, so won't be as overly wordy as I'd like.  :)   We do the healthy food in the house, the world is yours to try out of the house. Why? because dh and I will eat all the sugar/fat if we bring it home, and we gain weight like champions. because we DO think their bodies are growing right now, they need to grow on solid building blocks, not...
I'm wondering why the classes offered this year are so diff from those last year. Did the group members change, did a few families more like yours drop out, and the more conservative fams got to pick all the topics? Could you find those other families?   While it is one thing to be respectful and open to other viewpoints, it is impossible and unfair to tell your child they must not share their own views during this time with friends.   This sounds really...
I have an old-school ceramic glazed crock-pot. I recently read that some contain lead in their glaze and folks don't use them. What?! How can I tell if mine does? I do love it, it's retro dark orangeness with flowers around the base . .  but if it's a lead-leaker, it's not for me.   Thanks.
We use our breadmaker a lot, for loaves and for dough, for pizzas, bagels and buns. I recently bought a grain mill and organic whole wheat kernels, planning to move to only fresh-milled wheat in all our baking. So far I'd been making things using a combo of flours I already had in the cupboard, to use them up (spelt, ww and white), plus some milled wheat. Yes I always added gluten it make it 'bread flour'. Everything turns out fine.   So after using up all our other...
 Martha Speaks, Martha Speaks, Martha Speaks!!! NOT because it's educational, but because it's hilarious, witty, and clearly does not talk down to kids (they KNOW adults are watching this one too). I LOVE that show.   And the old Scooby-Do cartoons, oh the memories they brought back.
Hi there. I make bread each night in our bread mchine using Robin Hood Canadian Whole Wheat bread flour. I've recently bought a grain mill and many pounds of organic ww flour grain. How do I make the switch?   One site says bread flour has gluten added to it, 1 tbsp per cup of milled flour. Is this correct?   Our bread-machine-made bread is very successful, so the bar has been set high for this new home-made flour bread.   Any other tips on making your daily...
That was great, thanks!
  Exactly. My child is very different from a friend's child when it comes to screen use, and both are very different from a third's child, who has all the cross-connectons piglet is talking about (for example). Unfortunatly, some of my experience of seeking support as an unschooler has come across to me that I am somehow hindering my children from their natural progress, rather than responding to their needs as they change and develop. :) And sometimes I get stuck back...