or Connect

Posts by Lucy In the Sky

Quote: Originally Posted by mamaeliz Do you have a larger community to call on? Like family, or friends, or any public health agencies in your area? ~Elizabeth I do have amazing family and friends and I've had a lot of help and support. This HAS been so difficult but it has also been wonderful, too. I'm so sorry you hd to go through those illnesses! It is a terrible thing to wonder if you're not going to make it to see your kids grow up. ...
I felt exactly the same way-- totally overwhelmed and terrified. I'd only wanted to have one more baby and my first son was barely a year when I conceived twins. I'm not going to lie-- it's been really, really tough. But it's worth it and I wouldn't trade either of them for anything. I feel resentful and exhausted sometimes but those emotions are nothing compared to the love I feel for my babies. When things get terrible I remind myself that there are lots of women...
Holy smokes!!! Did I miss your birth story???? That sounds so traumatic, and honey, I feel for you! It sucked. Birth story is here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post14164503 Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate it!
On a Wednesday morning around 5am, my water broke. I was 32 weeks. I was admitted into the hospital and given drugs to temporarily stop labor and develop the babies' lungs. Three days later I went into full labor. Baby A (Elijah) was breech, but I had an extremely supportive OB who was happy to let me go for a vaginal birth. I had hard contractions a minute and a half apart for five hours and remained two centimeters the whole time. Then I spiked a 103 degree fever and had...
Thanks for all of your responses, Mamas. It's good to know I'm not alone. Here's a for instance: today I fed the twins and DS1 hung out in bed with me while I did that; it took about an hour and DS1 was very unhappy by the end of it. DS2 fell right asleep after feeding and DD appeared to, but when I went downstairs to give my older son lunch, I heard DD begin crying. I didn't know what to do; DS1 had been waiting for my attention for an hour. DD was already fed,...
My boy/girl twins are almost 12 weeks old (though they were born at 32 weeks so developmentally they're a lot younger.) My son is almost 22 months. Although I nursed my first son for 16 months, I am not nursing the twins due to a life threatening (now finally cured) MRSA infection I had after a (necessary) emergency c section; I was in the hospital for over a month, barely conscious, and on big gun antibiotics. Even without nursing though, I am starting to feel very...
I found out at my 14 week ultrasound (I am 17 weeks now). I hadn't contemplated having twins but it made total sense once I found out. I had gotten gigantic so quickly and I've had terrible nausea and vomiting as well as extreme fatigue. I'd been tired and sick during my first singleton pregnancy, but nothing like how I feel with this one!
Quote: Originally Posted by f&p'smama I had what PP had -- I was nauseated in the first tri, not during second, and then late in pregnancy. That is just plain stupid that your insurance doesn't cover Zofran better -- can your HCP make the argument that taking Zofran regularly would keep you out of the ER for dehydration, reduce risk of premature labor and hospital stays, etc, to get them to cover more? I don't know how much Zofran costs, but it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamamolly1 I'm sorry you've had such bad nausea/sickness. Mine hasn't been nearly as bad as you-- but one thing I share with you is its persistence. I keep thinking it's gone for a few days and then BAM a big surprise. Fun! I don't know how you feel about medication, but a few friends of mine swear by Zofran. It doesn't make it all go away but just to mitigate it a bit. Hang in there! Yeah zofran is good stuff. ...
I am almost 16 weeks pregnant with twins. I've been throwing up since week 6. in my first pregnancy with my DS, I threw up for five months but it seemed to get better and slow down by week 14 until it finally abated entirely. In contrast, with this pregnancy it has gotten worse and worse every week. Yesterday I threw up six times. I'm getting soooooo sick of it and all the normal remedies have not been effective. Has anybody had this experience with twins?