or Connect

Posts by rainsmom

Thanks for the info!  Im going to go to a few local pet stores and see what the costs are.  I would say he throws up about once a week, sometimes less, once in awhile 2x in a week.  He seems fine other than that.....his energy is up, but i have noticed he doesnt have quite the shine in his coat that he usually does.  My other cat is 9 yrs old, her coat always looks great.  She's a bit overweight (usually happens in the winter) but I have noticed sometimes she has loose...
Oh great - ill try the grass and also look in to grain free kibble.  My dogs are on grain free as well......
My cat has been throwing up his food once or twice a week.  He has been on the same food for about 4 years now and Ive read that they can develop allergies when on the same thing for too long.  He seems to be fine right after.....and has no other issues, looks healthy etc.  I havent called the vet - thought I would change the food first and see if that does it.   Id like to switch to a allergy friendly food, hopefully one that is not too expensive.  I have another...
Yes - i think finding a good enzyme cleaner and this deterrant were KEY to curing this.  When i  got vigilant about the outside....that kinda helped with the inside too.  Bc he had clear idea of WHERE TO PEE.....   Believe me, i still dont trust him.  He cant be alone in the house at all.  But at least it has stopped for now.     NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE - worked for me!  Whether its doing agility or just basic dog commands, feeding,  - i totally agree with this...
Hes a pug.   Update - after two more incidences......he has not marked in the house now for a MONTH+ - and we actually have spent a couple nights away too!!  He has his little fenced in area, we praise and treat him when he uses it......its been great!  He is crated each and every time i leave the house.  We did find marking on our entertainment center and on a chair......then I got v diligent in cleaning.   the other thing i did - ive closed off the part of the...
Just had my gross carpets removed from my living space and now have hardwood floors.   What is the best mop to use on a daily basis that will pick up dog hair and dust bunnies??  Ive got 2 dogs and 2 cats, so it needs to pick up.  Dont mind spending a lot for something efficient and reusable!  I bought something cheap and it just pushes it around...does not pick up :(   thanks!!
He has been checked out by a vet and he's fine.  AND just got the name of a great behaviorist in my town - that came highly recommended from a good friend of mine who does rescue.  So super psyched about meeting with her and getting either more ideas on how to handle, or even a confirmation that to keep doing what im doing more diligently.  Thx!   Thanks 
Tried to ask this on a breed specific forum.......and was accused of wanting to give back my dog.  No, i am not looking to give up my dog........Im just looking for advice.   Dog is 3yrs old, have had it 10mos and its not an every day occurance, just enough to be frustrating as heck.  He only does it in one spot now, on tile,  it was multiple before.  He is neutered and I crate him when we are not home.  He has been checked for UTI.     I got super enzyme cleaner...
Starrlamia has such great advice, always!     First I commend you for taking on this dog with this past.  Wow!   I found this website where the woman does rescue, and she suggested the same thing that Starrlamia did.  Here's the link:   http://giftofgracekennels.tripod.com/id27.html   Im doing the same training with my small dog who is either marking or just plain peeing in the house - i cant tell - but he also goes outside.    Crating might also be...
Thanks Mamas!!!  Exactly what I was looking for!!