or Connect

Posts by rainsmom

When we tent camped, I had a small toyota truck with a shell, so the dogs slept in there. Another time they were in the tent with us (this was before our dd). Now we have a pop up tent trailer, and they sleep in there with us. My 14yo border collie mix loves to hang in there after a long hike. When our dogs were younger and we were still tent camping, we used to bring a tie out with us....just in case. they would never take off, but you never know if they saw a...
my 14yo border collie mix has been on California Natural Low Fat for a few years now. We just got a new younger dog, and I went in our local feed store to check out different brands etc. I was shocked to see some of the higher end middle of the road (Nutro in particular) was MORE expensive than CN! Not by a HUGE margin, but enough to notice it. ANd the thing with Calif Nat., it has less filler, so you feed them less food than regular dog food. So I went with Calif...
So got her back from humane society where she was taken to get spayed, and they opened her up and she had already been spayed. this is weird: on her paperwork for rabies vax, the vet put down her age as 1yr 11 months and 29 d how would he know that?? why write it down as that? she was picked up as a stray 6weeks ago, age written as between 2-3yrs. just curious if anyone knows.......
:::: CHLOE IT IS!!!!!!!!::::::
Thanks guys! I didnt think she was that cute when we first got her, but she is soooo sweet, now I think she's beautiful....... still not decided........
: we narrowed it down to Chloe or Willa.......
ohhhhhhh so sorry. I do believe in fate with dogs. the right one will be there. I just adopted a shy skittish dog the other day. When my dd came home from school (she's 8yrs old) the dog went right to her and licked her. She's great with cats and dogs and everyone......just super shy and in her shell. Ive seen dogs that are fearful, that bite.....but its different than shy. And dont forget to bring the family to meet the dog too. thats usually a good...
Im not a fan of birds, but those birds are beautiful!! And the pic you took is outstanding! hi USAmma! we used to pm eachother long ago. I live up in Prescott with an 8yo dd. Glad to see you are still around mothering and still doing well! hope your girls are doing well too!!:
YEAH! we finally found and adopted a dog! we had been looking for weeks. i didnt realize that finding a dog between 2-3 yrs old that likes cats, other dogs and kids, would be that hard to find. anyways, she is a heeler/border collie (my 2nd) here's her pic http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=14078790 she has a perfect round spot on the very top of her head that is black. she's super timid and shy, and my mean cat that hates everyone, LOVES her,...
Sylvia Browne's son also wrote a book about our pets on the other side, and how we DO see them, when we pass over. That they are the first to greet us. heres the book: http://www.amazon.com/Animals-Other-...6502587&sr=8-3 I believe this is true, and it has helped me in the grieving process.