or Connect

Posts by Emma Bryan Fuller

Just wanted to add that I have a friend(male) who has 2 brothers. His name is unusual and his brothers in the then top ten. He doesn't like his name and wondered why him... I think Adaline and Calliope are adorable, unusual(to me) and would make me think. Sorry, not Wendy. I see Wendy got a lot of likes. I just don't feel it but that's what makes the world go round:) I gave up a middle of Aurora which went perfectly with my daughters 1st name because my husband...
thankyou!  The more I look into it the more excited I get! I was so overwhelmed bu AD and Dubai! Someone called Al Ain boring. I think that will suit us fine..LOL Hoping the schools don't have huge wait lists. That is my mission this evening....to check out schools!   thanks again.
Hi expat mamma....I hope you got the help you needed and your son is doing well. I just found out that we are moving to Al Ain. Presumed we were moving to Abu Dhabi! I live on a small island so I may be better suited to Al Ain! My husband will be working at the military airport? I homeschooled for the past 2 yrs(Montessori before that) and now the boys wanna try school. So will be looking into that! If you moved, hope it went well! Thanks for all the advice in...
thankyou so much. BIG change of plan! We are moving to Al Ain!!!!!   In my maybe naivety I am kinda relieved..lol. I am very island and the thought of all that concrete, malls....chaos was scary. I understand Al Ain is a little slower!? It may be a better start for me...lol. Also, the whole ex pat community thing brings back memories of other places....not all good:)  Pretty much every expat on our last island was very wealthy. We were(are!) not....at all. It was quite...
Hi....I just came here looking for advice on moving to Abu Dhabi! Thanks for the insight. Beginning to get a little excited! I hope you won't mind offering more advice! We live in The Caribbean and my husband leaves in 10 days to start a job there. Myself and 3 children will follow in a few months. His job is at the airport so I guess schools and accommodation should be nearby. Is it possible to spend about $2,000 per month and get a villa/apt with 3 bedrooms? I...
your description should come with a warning....YUK!  Poor sweet baby.
so sorry for your family. I just wanted to pass on how a friend of mine felt in that situation. she didn't want the loss hushed away. She since had another baby and feels like family assume this makes up for the lost one and so is never mentioned. Small things would have helped her. A special Christmas ornament to signify that this baby, however small was a baby. She feels like even an early loss is still a loss of all the dreams you had for that child. But, I...
LOL.....sorry! I am picturing them stuck in an apartment with the walls closing in!!  Sounds lovely. We are in an apt. so it's hard to think past this sometimes. For just 3 days a week your Mum probably feels as blessed as you do to have that special time. Hope you work out a way to keep all happy. My kids are 9,10 and 3 and I really don't think they need tv but I am with them 24/7 and "I' need it. I feel guilty sometimes. I wish we could be tv free. We were and I still...
My kids were screen free at that age too. I would concentrate ALL my efforts and do whatever I could to get them out and about. I go crazy staying home. I am sure your baby needs out too. It would be great for your baby to meet your Moms friends etc! Even if it's not kid stuff it would still be better than staying home all day.  I can see how your Mom needs that 30 mins.  If TV becomes your only option for that down time then i would look for gentle toddler movies. Maybe...
I live in St.Maarten and am a sahm to 3 kids. had my 3rd here. mine went to Montessori for 3 yrs and this past year I homeschooled mostly due to lack of funds. It's tough and I hear you. maybe when your son starts school it will open up a whole world of friendships etc. I would say look for playgroups, but if it's anything like here there are none! I stay sane by going to our library, zoo, beach..sigh!  Dr's are pretty cheap here so at least look into it. all the best to...