or Connect

Posts by Erdbeer

So glad to have found this tribe. My DD is 14 months old and has been much more needy from the beginning than my son was. I still feel so taken by surprise by this child. DS was so chilled out, could entertain himself endlessly, and just went with the flow. DD is a screamer. I feel like I spend the days navigating around her shrieking and trying to prevent it. I can barely get anything done. She wants to be carried around all day and will no longer go in the wrap. If I am...
I've never checked here before, just found this tribe and seem to fit in well. DD is just over a year and I have not had more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep for the entire year. She was not too hard to handle for the first 3 months or so, but around then, she started getting more and more needy and her neediness seems to increase by the day. She is fixated on me and I cannot seem to detach her from me for more than a few minutes at a time, unless DH is home and I am...
Thanks for reassuring me... my husband keeps telling me this is not normal and often I think he is right. As soon as I am out of sight she is fine. I'm really looking forward to this situation improving.
I agree with zoebird about the fear/discomfort factor. My second birth was at home and I was very relaxed. In my birth prep course, the midwife had us practice going on all fours or leaning over one of those big gym balls and rocking back and forth while our partners applied pressure to our tailbones. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when I went into labor (which lasted 3 hours from start to finish), this worked like a charm. I leaned over a pile of pillows on...
Yes, I've tried her in the sling... she used to love it but now she wants to get out after 5 minutes. She likes to be carried on my hip, but it's so hard to get anything done one-handed and my knee on the side I carry her on is starting to get wonky. Often if I take her out in the stroller for a walk, she wants to get out of the stroller and have me carry her. She just started crawling 2 weeks ago, so maybe you are right, and this has to do with it getting worse.
My DD just turned a year old a few weeks ago. From the very beginning, she's been pretty fixated on me, but in the past 3 or 4 months it's been getting progressively more intense. I can't move out of a 2-foot radius of where she is before she starts to screech. That is, if I can manage to get her to sit alone at all... If I sit down with her on the floor to play, she will want to be on my lap. She will not let my husband hold her if I am in the room. If I am nearby, she...
I usually get kids in that age the game "Rush Hour" and they all love it! It's a logic game and they can play by themselves. Easy to take along too. The company that makes it is called "ThinkFun" and they seem to have a lot of good games.
Please help! My DD has been refusing being fed anything for the past 2 weeks. She wants to feed herself, but will not eat any fruit or vegetable, even if it is cooked and cut up into little appetizing bits. All I can get her to eat is cereal pieces, bread and cheese. This has been making her really constipated! She still breast feeds, usually upon waking, once during the day, and then at bedtime. She wakes up 2-3 times during the night and drinks then too, which I would...
wombatclay, congratulations to you! So happy everything went much more smoothly this time.
Just wondering if he has been like this pretty much from the beginning, or is this something that has just started recently? Sounds like it could be a lot of different things...