or Connect

Posts by Simply_Jen

I'm not doing too bad here I guess. I did have to buy groceries yesterday and also while there I bought one of those canvas type store bags that are out now to hold groceries and to save plastic bags but it was only 99 cents. Also had to take a bit of $ out of my savings for 2 of my granddaughters birthdays this month. Other than those, I'm doing good and what a major change from usual! Love, Jennelle
How's everybody doing? I hope good! I've been doing really well lately and hope to keep it up. I want to see my savings account balance keep going up each month and this helps to keep me inspired to keep going. Love, Jennelle
Hi Rachel, As for myself, I ended up having to go to Walmart yesterday to buy 2 skeins of yarn and a few groceries. I needed the yarn because I'm working on little cross-in-my-pockets for charity for kids at Christmas time and so need to start in January to have enough by the end of the year. No little stores here in my town to buy yarn from [heck, we're lucky to have Walmart or we've just have 2 dollar stores here and neither sell yarn or material!] Anyways, I...
sunanthem, thank you so much for your encouragement ... I felt better after I read your post. *Hugs* Elizabeth, you did great with going to the mall and not buying anything - keep up the good work! How's everybody else doing? I hope good! I did good for Saturday and not planning on spending a penny today either! Love, Jen
I would have posted earlier today but was too ashamed because I broke and did go over to the store [which is right across the street] and bought 2 of the throws last night [Thursday night] after I posted here. sunanthem, I knew your post was meant to help me and nothing bad and I do appreciate it but unfortunately you posted and I'd already went and bought them. *lol* What I may end up doing with the one is to make throw pillows for my bed out of them 'cuz the...
Why is it that when you are determined not to spend that all of a sudden you find something you want [or have to have?] I bought a really super soft throw blanket [the softest one I've ever felt] about 2 weeks ago. This is an in-store special and I doubt they'll have them very long and I can either buy one now or I can wait and not find one again [you know how that goes, right?] Ugh, what to do!! This is gonna be a hard decision because I do want to make it a...
Oh man ... I broke down today and spent $1.25 in the candy machine in our lobby. I guess the only good thing about it is that it come out of my change jar instead of out of my January check [which I get on the 1st]. And, it was "food" - does that still count? *lol* Technically we are allowed to spend for food but I'm not sure the junk food part is included. ha! ha! Love, Jen Have any of you ever thought of keeping track of every penny spent during...
Dear Rachel, I'm sorry ... wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. As for not spending, I've made it through day #2 and have not spent one penny. Yea!! Wish I could say I've done as good on my other goals. *lol* Love, Jen No Spending Days: 2
Well gals, here it is ... 3:11 p.m. and so far so good. But then too ... no bus running today so I couldn't get anywhere to spend money anyways. *lol* Okay, that's not true I guess 'cuz Rite Aid is right across the street from me but it's snowy, cold and well - I'm not going anywhere so I guess I'm safe today. *Grin* Love, Jen
Hi again! Rachel, for me with compacting - I'm aiming for not buying anything this month except for food, health items if needed and the other exception for those compacting long-term, I believe is personal items such as toilet paper, deoderant and such things as that. I am also going to try to be careful with grocery spending as well and use up as much as I can with what I have here. Of course, I may end up with some pretty strange meals if I do that. ...