or Connect

Posts by show

Wish I had tried it!
Ginger in any form: tea, crystalized ginger, ginger snaps, etc. Sucking on lemon slices Sea bandz Eating often Avoiding all smells/triggers: I moved the fax machine out of my office so people did not come in wearing perfume and drinking coffee. The home coffee maker went outside on the porch or was forbidden. My husband did all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, dishes, etc. I could not do it. No restaurants, grocery stores (too many smells). My husband slept in...
From one who has been there: I essentially made my son stop the day he turned 6 years old. We agreed ahead of time on that date, and he did it. That was 1.5 years ago. He *still* wants to nurse, but I haven't let him. He cuddles with me, especially my chest, but that's it. But he still would be nursing if I let him, I think some kids would go a long time....
As an update, the editor responded to my email very nicely and said they'd do better next time-- she has alerted the other editors and art designers.
Hi, My toddler has type 1 diabetes and should be low-carb, my son needs to be dairy-free, and I also have diabetes and need to be gluten-free as well-- anyone have ideas for recipes, especially for low-carb snacks? We also have trouble with oats and almonds (although I've found that soaking them overnight helps). We are not vegetarian-- I can only handle so much at one time! There are plenty of gluten-free ideas out there, but very few that are low-carb (like, using bean...
Hi, If anyone gets Ranger Rick magazine, the most recent issue included a blurb about how a dog adopted a kitten and started nursing it. This was nice, but they used an illustration of a baby bottle to accompany it. I just wrote an email to complain about this-- rick@nwf.org. Please join me if you so desire. thanks
When my toddler started getting out of his upper buckle, I bought a cheap plastic cabinet safety lock that is a sort of gadget that holds two cabinet doors together. I would pull over, tell him he couldn't undo the clip, and then put one of these cabinet locks above the clip for the rest of the drive. He learned after only a couple times that he shouldn't unbuckle his car seat, because the lock was even worse. I keep it in the car just in case, but he mostly stopped doing...