or Connect

Posts by sweetpeppers

I was just googling and I saw Sherwin Williams harmony got some good reviews. My new (very old) house is in desperate need of paint, but I wanted to wait until the spring so I wouldn't be gassed out. I would love to be able to do the bedroom at least with a no-voc paint. I would really like to make my own paint, but I don't know if I'm up for that. :P
I have had the same experience at the YMCA where I used to live. Well, not the same experience, but I had a trial membership and I didn't join, because I thought the pool was freezing. It might have been okay for swimming laps, but not for playing/swimming with my son.
lol, if you're in northern california. I'd start with planting grapes! We love grapes.   Seriously though, I'd almost in the same boat as you. I just bought my first house, and I want to grow most of our own food (even if I have to start planting on the empty lots around here!). :)   I don't know what your climate is like, you could try going over to a garden store (or a farmer) and asking them.
I'm curious about this as well. My cousin is having a baby, and I didn't use cloth until my son was about 6 months old. I used Bum Genius diapers, but they would be huge on a newborn.
I would get a pouch style sling, because they are so small and easy. A woven wrap is a must also for longer, more comfortable carries.
I don't like five fingers. They feel weird. I don't like having my toes separated. But what I love to do in the winter is to buy sheepskin boots (used off ebay), and slice off most of the sole with my bandsaw, so they are soft soled boots! You could probably do this with any shoe too.
I would love to meet some other mothers in the area. Are there any homeschooling groups in the area? Not that I am really homeschooling yet, but I would love to find a homeschooler for a babysitter. :)
Those are really neat! I've gotta try to make some. :) They would make great Christmas gifts!
It looks good to me. I'm no good with hair. How do you do a crocheted cap?
Google Bryanna's Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe. It's very good and it doesn't use tofu. I replace the sugar with maple syrup. I just made it actually. :)