or Connect

Posts by sweetpeppers

I am so excited someone revived this thread! I was just rereading the book. My son is three now, and I think it is just as important for older kids as for younger kids. I'll talk in more detail later.
Just thought some people here would be interested in this abuse of power.Raw Foods Raid    
I get my son Soft Star Boots every winter. They are outrageously expensive (for me), but he loves them, and they keep his feet warm and dry. They are made of natural materials by craftsmen and women in a family company. I enjoy supporting their business of making shoes that don't ruin your feet. They also sell vegan shoes. They make high quality shoes. I just bought myself a new pair of their regular shoes for shopping and cold days. I don't mind having cold feet when my...
double post deleted
I've been wanting to post to this thread. My son and I were taking a walk a couple weeks ago, and we were stopped by the police because my son didn't have shoes on. Apparently they had received calls about us from passing motorists. And rather than saying, well I see everything is fine here, I'll be on my way. She basically forced us to go home. She wanted us to ride the 500 yards or something in the police car! I refused because there was no car seat, and there was no...
Now let's all remember this when someone is promoting a new "safety" law.
This is so neat. I just traded my friend wooden toys so that she would cut up a cashmere sweater I had to make long underwear for my son. It came out so nice. Now I want a pair! I also discovered it's really easy to make socks out of wool sweaters. You can get at least three pairs of tube socks out of one sweater for a kid. At 4 dollars a sweater, you can beat that. Especially because you can't just go to a store and buy nice wool socks for kids. Apparently they are just...
Making your own is really fun. Nativity scenes have now become my standard wedding gift. you can do it all sorts of ways. If you have a scroll saw, make a wooden one (check out the thread here on mothering about making scroll saw animals). Or if you are handy with a needle and thread, you can make a cute one out of fabric scraps. The first one I made was for my brother and sister-in-law, and I used wooden peg people that I dressed up.
Working out while they are asleep is really the best bet for a sustained aerobic workout. But you can also do a lot while they're awake too. You can run in place, do jumping jacks, lift weights, do pushups and situps, jump rope, run up and down the stairs (that's actually a good workout)...not that I do any of these consistantly, because I like to make excuses too. I'm a single mother, I have too much work, etc, etc, but that doesn't stop me from doing the things I really...
Yeah, I never wanted to have a fight about food. I try not to buy junk food. Even more important than being 100% vegan, I think, is getting kids to appreciate fruits and vegetables. If my kid is vegan, but he only eats veggie dogs, bread products, and other processed vegan foods, I have failed to give him a healthy diet. I tease my son by telling hiim that children are only allowed to eat candy and bread, because they don't appreciate fruits and vegetables, and that's why...