or Connect

Posts by sweetpeppers

I'm planning to move out to the country and build my own cob cottage for me and my son. I have practically no money, so I'm going to be roughing it, building as I can pay for materials. I plan on constructing a tipi to live in this summer and winter (unless I come back to NJ to work during the winter). I'm okay with having no utilities, but I have questions. Laundry? I have cloth diapers that need to be washed every two days, though once it gets warm enough (and I'm out...
I got into debt ($1,500ish which was A LOT) in college, but I paid it all off during my pregnancy (got pregnant right after graduating). I pay off everything month now. It's scary how fast it'll pile up if you're not careful.
I'm a single mom living with my parents and brothers. My mom and my dad and my oldest brother are vegetarians that eat a mostly vegan diet. I'm a vegan who falls occasionally. My other four brothers eat everything. Caleb (my son) is a vegan as well (as I am the one that feeds him).
thank you for sharing that. i heartily agree.
Quote: Originally Posted by cam&kat's_mom I would SO love to ry cloth but when i jsut mentiond it to DH his expresion was priceless. kinda like "you've really lost it woman!!" and oH how DD woudl miss unrolling teh TP in the bathroom. But i think for the kids and I we might give ti a try adn DH only goes to teh bathroom every few days, I swear!, so we'll keep regular TP for him around! I was just thinking I would like to make the switch just...
We were all supplemented with formula because we supposedly didn't gain enough weight, but we were all weaned before nine months. She started foods pretty early.
If a human isn't screwed with, they will eat when they're hungry and stop when they're full. The "clean plate club" has graduated a bunch of us who can't even tell when we're hungry or full.
Quote: Originally Posted by jrayn I am thinking I will need to wait until my dd2 is old enough to be left w/ a sitter - I don't think me nursing a baby on a date as an option... if I want a 2nd one heehee, I think that too, but if the guy was any good at all...it wouldn't matter. Quote: Originally Posted by PixieAlly I need to figure out HOW to date! I tend to either become immediately attached to someone (see them every...
This is so funny. I posted a thread exactly like this one on the LLL forum a couple months ago. How awesome is this. Ditto what lots of other people said, but most importantly for me is that being a mother allowed me to be myself and to know what I want. Now if I want to get married, I will never marry the kind of guy that I would have before I had my son. I thank God every day that I had a baby before I got married to some loser who would just drag me down and take my...