or Connect

Posts by April411

I don't really have advice but I'm going through the same thing with my my ds who is 32 months old. He is very aggressive. He hits, pinches, and has recently started spitting (which completely grosses me out). DD was not like this. She was such a mellow kid and this boy is a handful. I can't take him anywhere without having to be near him because I'm afraid he will beat up another kid (which he has done). I  remind him to be gentle. I ask him to show me gentle hands. He...
Hi everyone, I've really been wanting to get an e-reader and have been doing some research over the past few weeks. I decided to get a kindle but then I saw the new ipod touch and thought that maybe I can use that instead. I'm thinking the ipod touch would be cooler because not only could I read books but I can also use it to take pics and video, listen to music, watch movies, and surf the net. However, I'm wondering how the ipod touch compares to an e-reader. Is it...
Hi everyone, I am looking for a book that talks about an alternative to traditional school for high school. I read a review for it a while back on a personal finance blog and I believe there was also a thread about it on this message board. I remember the book had a name like "High School Abroad" or "High School Overseas" but I did a search on amazon and couldn't find it. Does anyone know which book I am talking about? What is it called? Thanks!
I my rice cooker...I have a question for the posters who make oatmeal in theirs. How do you make it? I have a small cheapie cooker and have never used it for anything besides rice. In order to make oatmeal do you have to have a special setting on your cooker or can you use a basic one (with only the cook and warm settings)?
I'm sorry to sound rude but reading your posts you seem very childish. Did you post so that you can figure out how to stop this behavior, because it doesn't sound like you really want to. You asked "why do I treat SIL this way" but proceed to call her a monster and say that you think you're better than her. It sounds to me like you're jealous and you are just looking for ways to cut her down.
Hi all, I posted a few months ago about how I was ready to leave my husband. I ended up going to my mom's for about a week an a half when my husband asked me to come back and work things out. I did. It didn't take long for things to return back to how they were before. I have told him repeatedly that I no longer want to be with him but he wont accept it. A few weeks ago we (husband and I) decided that we would move in to my moms to save $$ and because the apt we live...
Quote: You could also get involved, as a PP suggested, in something that interests you and meet some people that way. Is there something that you've always wanted to do but never had the time or motivation to pursue? Too many things to name....lol. I've been wanting to take a cooking class, a sewing class, a class on floral arrangement. Thank you so much for your responses. I have to say that the more I think about it, the more the fear is...
Hi Everyone, I have finally made the decision to leave my husband. Our marriage has been bad for a long time but I guess I always thought there was some possibility he would change. The last straw was New Years Eve when he went to a party with his buddy (leaving me and 2 dcs home alone) and did not come home until the next afternoon. When I expressed anger his response was, " Well I was too drunk to drive. Do you want me to drive drunk?" (umm..how about not getting...
My 11 week old ds's lips are really dry and cracked. I was wondering if there's anything that I can safely put on them. Any suggestions?
They are currently on sale so I ordered two sets (baby is due december 17). I hope they work well. I plan on using sposies for the first 2 wks or so cuz I don't think I'll be able to deal with a new babe, a five year old and all the additional laundry but I'll let you all know how I like them as soon as I start using them.