or Connect

Posts by greenmom4

I think he would.  He's a good guy and he knows and cares for my kids.  
Well, I've contacted my lawyer, but other than her telling me to call the cops if he insists on keeping them if he's drunk she hasn't been very helpful as of yet. I emailed my xh's family telling them what was going on and I'm hoping his dad or maybe his sister will come down and get him.   I'm so frustrated.  I can't legally keep the kids from him until the parenting arrangement is changed, but he's moving to a low income apartment complex about a 15 min drive away...
I was speaking via FB to my xh's roommate last night.  He asked my x to move out this week because his drinking is so out of control and he's worried about my kids when they are with him.   Apparently, yesterday xh woke up drunk and then 30 min later the kids were with him and he DROVE THEM 20 MINUTES AWAY.  His license is expired, he has no insurance on the car and thus the registration has been pulled.  When they returned to the house he "passed out for more than...
Hi thispathis me -   Things have actually been really good.  Overall, I'm about a million times happier and it's so nice to be at peace in my own home.  I realized not too long ago that it's been months since I've had to sleep on the couch and I so appreciate that!   Right now, my xh has the kids on Tue and Wed after school and on Sunday all day.  Well, he's supposed to, anyway.  In reality, he never takes them on Wed and on Sunday they usually are home by 4,...
Yay!  Our growing season is short, so I'm still in planning phase.  I'm trying straw bale gardening this year - just 3 bales to start with and they're out and conditioning now.  Should be ready in another week or so for planting.  In the bales, I'm going to do tomatoes, japanese eggplant, cukes, carrots, beets and squash. nasturtiums and some herbs.  Then I'll have a bean teepee, trash can potatoes and some "salad bowls."  Kale will go in a separate raised bed. 
I just kicked my husband out of my house about two months ago.  We've been married over 10 years and I've been feeling like you have for at least 8 of those years.  My husband was thrown into detox when my oldest was 3 months old.  In the past 2-3 years he started punching me and choking me in my sleep.  My kids, even my 3 year old always ask (even now) before they take a sip of water from a glass that's out because we've all had times when what we *thought* was water...
My ring is sitting in my jewelry box.  My oldest wants it to play lord of the rings with, lol.  It's pretty but I obviously am not going to wear it again.  What did you do with yours - is it worth trying to resell it?
I'm not at all sure that he won't start drinking again.  :S  I do know my oldest would tell me right away if he starts drinking again.  My 9 year old is unfortunately all too aware of the signs.   Kids are 9, 7 and 4. 
My stbx moved out about 5 weeks ago and moved literally 3 houses up the street in with a friend.  The main cause of our separation is his alcohol addiction and the friend he moved in with is basically living the bachelor life.  How would you handle visitation in this situation? 
I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation as I am.   I am (and have always been) the primary wage earner in our family.  My gross income is about $4k per month.  My stbx works two very low paying jobs, plus tips for one of his jobs.  Right now I'm paying for daycare, health insurance premiums...pretty much everything. Will I get anything for cs?   Question #2 has to do with visitation.  During the school year, my h...