or Connect

Posts by CD'sMom

If it helps at all I can promise it wont be as intensive as it is when they are infants/toddlers. I have a 7 year old and a 12 year old. They are old enough that I can be like Hey I'm going to shower and they can take care of themselves while I take 20-30 minutes to myself. And sometimes thats all I need to feel better/refreshed. It is hard to get time alone as a SAHM. But it wont be that way forever...I promise. ;)
I have been trying to come up with a fundraiser of some sort. :) I was thinking a spaghetti dinner or something through the church (which is part of the school he goes to). Any suggestion I would appreciate because I have never done anything like that before.  Rskye...he isn't visually impaired. It really doesn't have much to do with eye sight, weirdly enough. ;) fairejour....Nope no IEP. The ISD does not support that kind of therapy. Very annoying! But thank you...
I'm not sure about a computer program...the eye dr. didnt say there was one so probably not. Hopefully this other place will have a few more options.
Thanks everyone. This is so frustrating. We are still waiting to hear back from the ins company, evethough the eye dr "does not accept assignment from insurance companies". What?? I mean how can she expect someone to pay that much? Someone with small children at that. We can make payments at $180 a week or $500+ a month. Insane! There is another place that will work with us and our ins. company if the ins. company agrees to it. So we are looking into this other place...
My son who is in 1st grade needs vision therapy. Which is fine w/ me espcially if it will help. BUT it costs almost $6300! We can do payments of $180/week. But who has that extra cash laying around. We have been wracking our brains trying to figure out a way to pay for this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to pay for this or what to do? I feel so terrible for my little guy struggling like he is. And his teacher thinks he should be held back (hes already older than the...
I think its good for siblings to get away from eachother occationally. I will take one kid to with me to the store or where ever and then the other one another time. My parents are also very involved and one kid will spend the night at their house then the other will spend the night the next time.
Thank you so much for your input and help. We will deffintly be doing the testing through the school. It will be interesting to see what they say. I talked to his teacher today and told him I was DONE with the all night homework. The teacher is willing to work with us and of course thinks Hsing is a bad idea. So I think I will just wait to see what the testing says. But the psycologist said there is no help offered at his school and he would have to transpher to a...
Hes not sure about homeschool...he is worried he will miss his friends but I will make sure he still sees them regularly. He could even do basketball if I homeschool whereas now he cant because he has to much homework.   The school pscyolgist just called me actually and we have an app. next monday to sign all the paperwork and all that stuff then after that she will test him. The law says she has 30 days to actually do the testing.
I am really at my witts end here. My son has always always always struggled with school. He is now in 5th grade and is still struggeling. He has homework every night till 8 (well I dont let him do homework past 8 anyway) and then gets up in the mornig to finish it up the alot of the time. He is frustrated and overwhelmed as I am. I have sit with him most of the time to keep him on track and to keep him from getting every problem wrong. This is not cohesive being that I...