or Connect

Posts by kythe

I don't live downtown, I'm probably 30 minutes or so away. I'm available on weekdays, but it would depend on what time. I pick my kids up from school between 2 and 3. Pm me if you're interested!
Yes, this happened to us. My kids are 21 months apart. My older daughter "weaned" during pregnancy when my milk dried up, but then started again after her baby brother was born. They tandem nursed until my son was 18 months old, when he self weaned first. My older daughter continued nursing until she was 6. I think my milk dried up around the time my son weaned, when my daughter would have been around 3. It was dry/comfort nursing for her after that, and not very often.
Thanks for the suggestion to use daiya. We tried it and all of us loved it, even those of us who don't need to be dairy free. Its expensive, but I think its going to be worth it.
Thanks everyone. He has been at his dad's this weekend, and I've had some time to cool off. I'm planning on getting him to bed at least a half hour earlier now. Its not just about more sleep, he may want to spend more time under his blanket since it is calming to him. I hadn't thought about that for years, but he does like being wrapped up as though being "hugged". As a baby he always needed to be in the sling or swaddled, but in a way he never outgrew that. He...
My son is a high functioning autistic who has been in special ed since he was 3. Usually getting ready for school is the easiest part of the day. Get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, get backpack, get in the car. How hard can it be? But this entire week he has been late for school because he refuses to get ready. He's awake, but he won't get up, get dressed, or eat breakfast. He just refuses but won't say why. This morning he kept laughing at me. I tried to dress...
What are you currently doing to curb the nursing? I found it helpful to keep a toddler busy with activities. When my daughter went through a toddler phase of incessant nursing, I tried to find things she liked to do more than nurse. We went to the park, library storytimes, a playgroup, swimming (during the summer). She still nursed maybe 3 times a day, but she wasn't hanging off of me all the time when she was busy. There is really no rule that you have to nurse until...
My 10 year old son was recently diagnosed with a dairy allergy. I'm posting this here because I figured vegans would be familiar with dairy substitutions. But if a moderator feels there is a better place for this thread, feel free to move it. Cutting out milk hasn't really been a problem because he doesn't really drink much milk anyway, and I usually cook with rice milk. But his favorite food is good old mac and cheese. Is there any way to make that with a cheese...
I also did not feel rushed out of the birth center after giving birth, I am sorry you had that experience StacyAnn.  Our birth center required a minimum of 6 hour stay after birth when I had my firstborn, but by the time my second came along they had reduced the required time to 4 hours.  They said many people requested to go home sooner and felt ready.  I stayed about 8 hrs with each of mine, because that is how long it took for me to feel rested and ready to go home. ...
I had both of my babies at a freestanding birth center, and loved it.  Over time, I've come to believe that my births weren't really a compromise between home birth and a hospital birth.  It was more a home birth away from home, considering how few interventions I had.   But unlike home birth, the birth center was completely covered by insurance.  It also provided comfort to family members who would have argued against home birth.  People like to see you go to the...
In case anyone was wondering where Halloween came from  :