or Connect

Posts by kythe

I noticed recently that the due date clubs are under pregnancy, which makes sense. :)    But what about the vaccine boards and circumcision boards?  I had a hard time finding them, and for a while I only found them through old posts of mine.  Then I discovered them under "community" on the right.  But wouldn't it make sense to put them under the health tab, or something like that?  If I was just browsing this board for the first time, I might not realize there are...
She's not too young for it to happen to her, so you could turn this into an educational experience. You don't have to go into all the details, but if you've already told her how babies are made, you could add on that sometimes people do bad things by forcing others to do things with their bodies that they don't want. There is obviously nothing you can do about murder, but you could tell her how to tell you or some other adult if something bad happens to her. Make sure...
I'll bump this again.  I just took refuge as a Buddhist tonight at the full moon ceremony of our local temple.  I've had Buddhist leanings for about 10 years or so, and have long since considered myself pagan with Buddhist tendencies.  Now I'm officially Buddhist.  I feel comfortable that this is the spiritual path I want to take.  I can hold the basic precepts, and I plan to continue meditating regularly at the temple.  I won't really have to give anything up, the main...
That's interesting.  I wonder why not?  Once when I missed a booster for our dog, the vet advised starting the series over because the original vaccine would have worn off by then and I missed the window of opportunity.  Is it different for animals, or was the vet wrong?
My 12 year old daughter was given a Hepatitis A vaccine in January (its a long story).  I forgot about it until now, but she's overdue for a booster.  It was supposed to be given 6 months after the original vaccine.  Has the first one worn off such that its too late to get a booster, or should we go ahead and give it anyway?
No one has yet brought up the fact that depression can run in families.  Each other's company and support does not make medical treatment unnecessary.  If anything, it can be hard for depressed people to live with each other because they can't lift each other up.  Both have the same poor coping skills and may feed off of each other's symptoms.   I've had issues with Major Depressive Disorder since I was a teen, but I've never seen it as "trendy".  I do meet people...
I've never heard of anything like this.  What is the purpose?  I can't imagine any of our local schools sanctioning an activity like this.   It reminds me of that "wee for wii" contest a few years back where a woman died of water intoxication, and the subsequent...
I love reading.  But within the last year or so, I've been watching more documentaries because they are readily available for streaming on Netflix Instant.  I'm not sure I would describe films in general as being "intelligent and thought-provoking" though.  And documentaries have always been around, I've never perceived them as competing with or replacing books and other written media.
I do agree that kids are "sexualized" at a young age.  But is this really much worse today than in the last few generations?  I grew up with Madonna.  Her song "Justify My Love" came out when I was in Jr. High and I remember kids singing the words at school and discussing the music video (which wasn't even aired, if I remember right, because it wasn't appropriate for TV).  Yet kids knew about it.  You could take this back each generation back to the sexual revolution of...
Thanks, I just fixed it, I hope.  I was looking for "settings" but found a tab called "preferences" underneath the thread title.  I selected "view forums full width".  Now I only see a small column of ads on the right.  It no longer looks like a page full of ads.