or Connect

Posts by kythe

I hated dodge ball as a kid, but no more than I hated any other sports we did in PE.  I was never athletic.  I am used to being the clumsiest and slowest person, and PE in general did nothing to help me come out of my shell and give sports a chance.  I know people tout PE as a necessary school activity, crucial in the battle against childhood obesity, and all that.  I've never seen a shred of evidence for this though.  I've never met anyone who was not athletically...
My kids have grown up in a similar situation.  I haven't been to church voluntarily since before they were born, but my parents are staunch fundamentalist Christians.  I work weekends and for years my parents have watched my kids every other weekend, when their dad doesn't have them.  They take them to church during this time.  In all these years, I never figured out what religion I want to raise my kids in, but in a sense the decision has already been...
I agree that it may be the sling, you may not be doing anything "wrong".  The first sling I ever tried was a padded ring sling.  I didn't use it much because it felt big and bulky.  With my second baby I tried a different brand of unpadded ring sling, and loved it.  I felt like it was more fitted to my size, and I nursed my baby in it all the time.  The change in padding and style made all the difference.  We used it for about a year.   There is nothing wrong with...
I didn't date for 6 years after my divorce.  My reasons were that I was busy working my way through college and taking care of the kids, but I had personal reasons as well.  I had been in an abusive relationship, and I felt very "stunted" by that.  It took me a very long time to really "find myself", to feel I had healed enough from that to attempt another relationship.   I'm in a solid relationship now, but we aren't living together.  I'm happy with how things are...
4 years, long enough to have 2 kids.  I've been a single mom now for 9 years - over twice as long as I was ever married in the first place.
Is anyone still around?  I had been unable to attend meditations at our local temple for a long time due to my work schedule, but now that has changed and I'm remembering how life was better when Buddhism was an active part of it. :)  I've renewed my interest in practicing mindfulness.    Does anyone else have any updates they want to share?
Thanks for the article.  It is a very interesting perspective...  We really don't have it bad after all compared to the hyenas.
So how is it going?  Any updates?
I never used a pouch (thought they look cute!), but I nursed my son in a ring sling all the time.  I had an unpadded maya wrap, and found it very versatile.   With a ring sling, you can adjust it accordingly as the baby grows.  How you position a newborn can be quite different from how you place a several month old baby in the sling to nurse, since their size changes.  But a pouch isn't adjustable.  It can't "grow" with you.  I also liked using the "tail" of the...
Applebee's did issue an apology, and the article said that authorities did not even write up the incident.  It was obviously wrong (and extreme) for this to happen, but it looks like they've already taken appropriate steps to remedy the situation.