or Connect

Posts by stacey05

Hi.  Wow!  It HAS been 2 years since I posted this!!  My son is almost 4 now and still unvaxed. I will be honest and say this vaccine is the one that gave/gives me the most grief.  I decide and then I would get nervous again.  I read a scientific study that said breastfeeding protects even after you have stopped bf'ing. My son is very healthy, praise the Lord!  I do give him supplements too.  I give him juice plus, multivitamin, cod liver oil (carlson's lemon flavor in...
Yes, he only gets prednisone once a year...at this time.  He doesn't really get sick any other time of the year.  We are military, so we hardly ever see the same doctor.  This was an ER doctor.  I cannot figure it out either.  My husband took him in and I called and talked to the ER nurse and she talked to the dr.  He said because of such a high fever (105) and because his chest x-ray was not completely normal (bronchiolitis), he prescribed the antibiotic.  I searched...
My son has been sick for 3 days.  His highest fever was 105...today it is 103.  I medicated him at 105.  His eyes are red, he has the croupy barky cough, runny nose, etc.  He started having trouble breathing and they put him on prednisone.  The last two winters he has pretty much had this same thing and gets put on prednisone.  He always gets better after starting the prednisone.  This time the ER doc prescribed him antibiotics.  His ears are fine, his chest x-ray showed...
I found a blog today about a family who lost their 3 year old to hib last year.  They are one of the PA families we heard about the beggining of the year in 2009.  I cried for so long reading about her being in the hospital, being brain dead and then her family losing her.  They seemed to be non vaxers because the Mom said she wished she had known about Hib and done differently.  It was so sad!  Seeing a face with the number or statistic was really hard.  I have an...
When I read a tragic story like this, I always wonder if the child was fully vaccinated for other things...like hib, prevnar, mmr, dtap, etc.  I immediately think that vaccines of any sort suppress the immune system and make it easier for kids to get meningitis, etc.  I wish they would tell you the whole story and what they were vaccinated for.  Like you read about cases of nthi, hia and hif and I wonder if they got hib and prevnar and if that threw off the balance,...
I found this article helpful: http://thetruthergirls.com/Natural_Protection.html
My son is 3 and unvaxed and I feel comfortable about handling most of the vads except meningitis. This is the one, like you, that can keep me up at night. I just find comfort in the fact that I breastfed him for 2 years and try to feed him nutritious foods. I also feel like I know the symptoms pretty well and would get him to the hospital quickly if I felt like he might have it. Every time I think of getting him the vaccine, I realize that I wouldn't have peace of...
Yes, autism, is one reason I am not vaccinating. It is not the only reason. My 4th child had a possible reaction to his 4 month vaccines and they thought he was having seizures. I started researching because of that and have found many things that bother me about vaccines, and autism is one of them. I do not think vaccines are the only cause of autism, but I think in some children they can cause autism. I don't understand it, but there are too many stories from...
Momto3Blessings wrote: >Last week my fourth child (completely unvaxed) came down with whooping cough. It is not a "pain in the hiney" or a "nuisance" it is HORRIBLE. There were a few days I was about to lose my mind I was so afraid he'd pass out or die in my arms in the night There is no possible way you can understand how bad it is until you see YOUR child not breath, or cough until he's bright red, tears streaming ... and then start again. My son never even turned...
Hi. We are Air Force and some of my kids (older ones) are vaccinated and some are not. We don't do WBV at all anymore. In fact, we only went in recently because my kids needed physicals because we are adopting and they thought we had just moved here (been stationed here almost 2 years) because my husband's orders were still in the kids charts. They thought it was so strange that we had not been to see the ped. I said, "well, they haven't needed one". LOL! Anyway,...