or Connect

Posts by stacey05

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this!! I tried to put myself in your position and the only positive thing I could think about this is that all the people will be over 18! I know you still hate to do it and maybe you could look for a job elsewhere where they don't make you do this. I was just thinking about how I would feel and I know there would be no way I could vaccinate babies or children with my beliefs. I might feel better, though, knowing they are all...
I had cp when I was 2 weeks old. I am fine. I never had the measles, mumps or rubella because I had mmr when I was 5. I don't know if I ever got another one...it isn't in my records. I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the mmr that I got (in 1973) vs the mmr II (?) they give now?? Just curious.
Wow...she told you that this infection was because you didn't vaccinate and she didn't even know if it was type b??? WOW!!! I would definitely confront her on that...that is rude, disrespectful, dishonest, fearmongering, and downright uncalled for!!!
>I also work in a hospital. You are required to be immune to chicken pox if you have patient care. Its just smart. < I don't think the cp vaccine is super effective. I have known many friends whose kids got this vaccine and still came down with cp!!! The vaccine does not guarantee immunity...and whose to say that in a few years we won't see more adults coming down with cp because they got the vaccine in childhood (which wore off) and never had the chance to actually...
ok, sorry that was so long! But, I also wanted to add that the B6 did help my son and he never regressed...thank God!! He is a normal 8 yo boy now! ) Children's hospital never admitted that the b6 helped him, although, his "seizure like" activity stopped when we started it. They said it was a coincidence. These doctors did not seem to believe in vitamins, etc. Also, I wanted to say that I will never know if his vaccines caused his head dropping, neurological...
Meningitis scares me too! It didn't always, though. When my 3 oldest were little, I vaccinated for everything they told me to and I never even knew what they were getting. My oldest was born in 92, so he did receive the hib vaccine along with my other 2 oldest. They did not get prevnar because it was not out yet. I didn't worry about hib because I didn't even know what it was. I didn't worry about pneumoccocal (sp?) because I didn't know what it was. I didn't worry...
I really like the videos by Mary Tocco! Dangers of Vaccines by Mary Tocco is in several different parts and it helped me comfortable with my decision in the beginning.
oh, sorry...I don't really have an opinion on your vax schedule since we don't vax...at the moment, I am not comfortable with any of the vaxes! I believe in the theory of vaccines, I would LOVE my kids to be protected from every disease out there, but I worry about short term and long term side effects from most vaccines. I wish vaccines were "greener" and safer, because I would definitely get them. I am only now learning not to get all upset when my kids get sick (the...
I wanted to ask you what you saw working in Peds that made you change your mind, or decide that the risks of the vaccines were less than the risks of the diseases. I am really curious as to what you witnessed (certain diseases in kids??) and am not interested in starting an argument at all. I don't vax at the moment, but am always researching and praying about this. It just piqued my curiosity that you were anti vax and then after working in peds for 2 years, you are...
I lived in San Antonio for 3 years and never heard that either. I had two unvaxed kiddos at that time.