or Connect

Posts by Amberoxy

Hi!   Plainville looks to be about an hour away...too bad - it does look nice!   Tiverton is in southern RI - we are right on the coast.   Jessica, maybe I will see you Thursday...I am planning to go to the HMN meeting in Plymouth...I figure a drive to Plymouth once a month isn't bad - get me out of the house :)
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I was hoping I could ask what exactly does happen when it goes bad? I don't remember how long my whey has been in the fridge but it's getting on a few months now. It was a very strong smelling whey to begin with. It doesn't smell any worse but there is some cloudiness in the bottle. I don't use it very often but like to have it for when I need it...   Thanks!
Thanks Jessica! For those of us in Tiverton, speaking for myself, Wareham is a pretty good hike - especially with a 6 month old ;-)   The holistic moms group sounds great though! A friend of mine belongs to one in New York and I wish there was one closer to us here. Plymouth isn't that far though so maybe I will try to make a meeting. I work till 6 and could get there for around 6:50 if I left right at 6 - or maybe I could adjust my schedule on those days...sorry -...
I'm going to PM you...
Hi! As far as I know, there was never an actual group started. I live in Tiverton though so if you'd like to get together for a playdate, let me know! I'm usually free 9:30am to 12:30am Monday through Friday...I have a 1yo and a 3yo...
Thanks! It looks like you have some great recipes on your blog....I want to try the blueberry soda
We will be there!
Hi all - I have 21 chickens who will be laying eggs soon. In my quest to find soy free chicken feed, I discovered that there is an awful lot of soy being fed to chickens - even the organic or pastured ones. I didn't realize how much soy there is in regular chicken feed. I was concentrating so much on soy free eggs, I forgot about the chicken we eat! I'm planning in the future to raise soy free meat chickens but wondered if anyone knew of places to get soy free chicken in...
I can let you know one issue I had - I had thought that you just needed to wait for the cream to rise to the top. I put it through the towel / strainer way too early and it all strained through. I put it back to sit again and a day later it was obviously way more separate - yellowy and watery on the bottom and a custardy bubbly consistency on top. I did see somewhere else that if you use a warmer spot, it may separate sooner and be less sour. I don't know if I want to...
Well that's unfortunate. I ended up calling this morning and they confirmed that. They add new states each year but are going west to east so probably won't hit RI for a few more years. They just added TX. Guess I'll have to find another source for my soy free poultry feed Thanks!