or Connect

Posts by 2pinks

Your mother sounds incredibly toxic, unstable and dangerous. I personally would be doing a 100% full-time, complete and total cut-off after this incident. I would also STOP with the emails. In her twisted mind, she could try to use them against you. NEVER put anything like this in writing. It could come back to haunt you. As a mother, it is your responsibility to protect your child(ren). You have done that and are doing that, even though it is probably one of the...
but, it seems as if I am being "forced" to. My dd was born 12 days ago. We are having a hard time in regards to being able to put her down at all, but, at night it is truly difficult. I will nurse her, put her in her swing, and she immediately wakes up in a tizzy to nurse again and I end up putting her in bed with us or sleeping with her ON me in our recliner. I have a bassinett right by the bed that she hasn't liked from day one. She seems to do good in the swing for just...
I think it's incredibly crass and tacky when adults do it to one another. How very saw for this baby. I've heard that doing this kind of thing (like at a wedding) is a sign of repressed hostility. Don't know if it's true or not though.
Quote: Originally Posted by roses25 I'm really not sure what the big deal was about not allowing me to go on the cruise if I was pregnant. However, after hearing about my dad's and his fiance's coversation as mentioned above, I really feel that it was really his fiance that didn't want me to go on the cruise if I was pregnant. Carolyn Possibly she was worried in a selfish, not sincere, manner that you would be seasick and she didn't want...
Sounds to me like step-mom is jealous if you have a baby some of your dad's attention and possibly money (not that that's what you're looking for, but, a lot of grandparents like to buy things for their grandchildren-shocking I know and she wants to make d@mn sure he doesn't get too involved with being a grandfather. I bet if it was one of HER children having a child though and your father wasn't completely crazy over the moon excited it would be a different story. Believe...
Quote: Originally Posted by leerypolyp essential fatty acids, sorry! I take Nordic Naturals DHA, some flaxseed oil, and some evening primrose oil. (But I also recommend the placenta thing. Highly.) How much should I take?
I always give them a card at least and maybe a little treat of some kind. My older dd would be so hurt if I didn't.
I was watching "Deliver Me:Home Edition" and one of the dr's was in the room getting a baby ready to be circed. The dad said something very similary to "it may hurt but you're young and won't remember it" and then they panned to the dr and even SHE said that she didn't witness her sons circumcision, she was too "traumatized." W.T.H.? She KNOWS it's traumatizing, she PUBLICLY admits this and she still performs them and thinks their okie dokie? Gah!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by leerypolyp Yeah, as much ahead of time as you can possibly do, as far as meds and a therapist. This time I take EFA supplements. I also tried eating some placenta this time. So far, so good. I really think it's a huge help. What are "EFA" supplements?
I just now realized that my lo will be here soon and I am sooooooo not looking forward to the PPD. I had it with both of my older dd and the younger one was really bad. The bfing difficulties made it sooooooooo much worse and intense. I tried Zoloft and it did not help me at all and coming off of it was awful. I'll never take it again. I am very fortunate that my dh will be able to be home 5-6wks to help out. I just don't want to go through it again. My PPD was...